Matthew ElliottBeckman Lawson, LLP
- Employment Law, Insurance Defense, Personal Injury ...
Matt handles a wide variety of civil litigation, with a special focus on employment disputes. He has significant experience defending discrimination and retaliation lawsuits in state and federal courts. He also regularly handles wage claims, including class actions and collective actions, and advises individuals and employers regarding non-compete issues.
Beyond his employment practice, Matt helps clients resolve all types of other disputes. Representative areas of practice include will contests and estate litigation, insurance coverage, tort claims, business disputes and appeals.
Matt also regularly assists out-of-state attorneys as local counsel in Allen County and statewide.
Matt has been named to the Best Lawyers in America since 2011 and is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. Matt led the firm as managing partner from 2008 to 2011 and is currently on the firm's management committee.
In 1998-99, Matt clerked with the Honorable Jerome Farris of the Ninth Circuit United States Court of Appeals in Seattle, Washington.
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Education Law
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Managing Partner
- Beckman Lawson, LLP
- - Current
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Senior Associate
- Andersen Consulting
- Harvard Law School
- J.D. (1998)
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- B.A. (1992) | Economics and English
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Indiana State Bar