Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
Additional Practice Area
- General Civil
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- 4th Circuit
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Martine Jean Law Office
- - Current
- Represent clients in custody, divorce, child support modifications, criminal defense, draft wills, prepare settlement agreements, represent clients in DUI and civil defense.
- Financial Advisor
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Advise clients on investments in stocks, bonds, and insurance. Assist clients with home refinancing. Create financial plans and provide bond cash flow analysis.
- Document review
- Esquire Solutions
- Document review
- Clutch Group
- Web Content Coordinator
- Maryland Judiciary-Maryland State Law Library
- Provide legal content for the Peoples Law Library website; develop and manage legal information on the website by coordinating a network of attorney contributors who are involved in public interest legal services; conduct legal research, writing and editing of materials not provided through other sources. I provided content for the Peoples Law Library website that provides information to the general public on employment law, disabilities law, civil rights, consumer rights, criminal procedure, social security law, family law, mediation, arbitration, housing, and domestic violence. I met tight deadlines for organizing annual meetings, providing agendas, and creating documents summarizing the progress of the website. I analyzed patron usage and dedicated resources to adding content on the most used area of the website. I responded to patron inquiries for legal information and reported statistics to the web content committee. I suggested new areas of law that should be covered and provided legal content for these areas. Some new areas I suggested included adding a teen resource section, HIV resource database, and cross marketing the Peoples Law Library website with other Maryland Law Libraries. Some of these suggestions were later implemented by the team. I created content for the consumer law section providing the over 100,000 patrons with information about avoiding identity theft and resources for reporting identity theft.
- United States Army Reserve
- 444th Battalion Det. 2 Network Administrator; set up configure; and support internal and or external networks. Responsible for maintaining all systems; applications; security; and network configurations. Troubleshoot performance issues. Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support). Support server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications. Perform technology needs analysis. Roll out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources. Plan, implements, and supports the network and computing infrastructure plan. Manage small to medium sized projects according to agreed upon budgets and schedules. Assist with technology planning through ongoing research.
- Law Clerk/Intern
- States Attorney Office for Baltimore City
- Research and writing of legal memoranda in criminal matters. Write memoranda and occasionally recommends questions for a Prosecutors use at oral argument. Create exhibits for use at trial. Gather evidence from medical examiners and other experts for use at trial. Read recent opinions and professional journals to keep current on legal issues.
- Law Clerk
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Research and writing of legal memoranda, draft opinions and orders in all types of matters, Examine briefs, case records and legal authorities. Write memoranda and occasionally recommends questions for a judge's use at oral argument. Recommend disposition of cases, and under guidance of a judge, drafts decisions, orders, finding of fact and other legal documents for judge's review and approval. Read recent opinions and professional journals to keep current on legal issues. Assist judge authoring an opinion to incorporate or reconcile suggestions made by other judges; provide technical review of proposed opinions and alert judge to errors of fact and law; act as a sounding board for the judge; maintain the law library. I provided advice and assistance in the identification, definition, and resolution of civil rights issues and their causes, utilizing knowledge of civil rights and equal opportunity laws, programs, and principles.
- Law Clerk
- The Honorable Larnzell Martin, Maryland Circuit Court
- Research and writing of legal memoranda, draft opinions and orders in all types of circuit matters, including appeals from county court (both civil and criminal), complex civil litigation, constitutional questions, complex family law cases and criminal matters, including post conviction motions and related civil matters such as petitions for extraordinary relief filed by or on behalf of sentenced inmates, pretrial detainees and other litigants. Examine briefs, case records and legal authorities. Write memoranda and occasionally recommends questions for a judge's use at oral argument. Recommend disposition of cases, and under guidance of a judge, drafts decisions, orders, finding of fact and other legal documents for judge's review and approval. Read recent opinions and professional journals to keep current on legal issues. Assist judge authoring an opinion to incorporate or reconcile suggestions made by other judges; provide technical review of proposed opinions and alert judge to errors of fact and law; act as a sounding board for the judge; maintain the law library.
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- Howard University
- B.A. | Political Science
- Minor- Business Administration
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- - Current
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- - Current
- Maryland State Bar Association
- - Current
- University of Baltimore
- Litigation Skills Fellow
- Collaborative Law
- Maryland Administrative Office of the Courts
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map