Ms. Mariya Furman is a Los Angeles family and divorce attorney. She co-founded Furman & Zavatsky in Encino, California, with a focus on representing clients in all types of Family Law matters in the Southern California area at their office in Encino,
Focusing her practice in family law, Ms. Furman represents clients in matters such as divorce, paternity, child custody, child support, spousal support and visitation. She also handles cases involving post-judgment modifications of custody and support, as well preparation of prenuptial agreements. Ms. Furman is also very experienced in cases involving domestic violence and she helped many clients in obtaining or defending against domestic violence restraining orders.
While fully prepared to be an aggressive litigator when necessary, Ms. Furman understand the negative financial and emotional impact that divorce litigation can have on the family, and especially on the children. Collaborative Divorce provides an opportunity for the divorcing couples to work cooperatively with one another to reach a creative solution that would benefit both sides, without going to court. Ms. Furman handles collaborative family law cases and has extensive experience in negotiating settlement agreements, as well as advising clients through a mediation process.
Ms. Furman has significant litigation and settlement experience. Her reputation is widely recognized throughout Los Angeles County. Mariya Furman was named by Los Angeles Magazine as a “Super Lawyer Rising Star” for the last two years in recognition for her superior legal skills. Ms. Furman is a member of the California State Bar Association and Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Family Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Federal Circuit
- Russian: Spoken, Written
- Furman & Zavatsky
- - Current
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- J.D. (2009) | Law
- Honors: International and Comparative Law Review - Production Editor
- Production Editor
- Loyola International and Comparative Law Review
- Los Angeles Divorce Lawyers
- Furman & Zavatsky LLP
- Sunset Clause in a California Prenuptial Agreement
17 October 2019
- How to Fight a California Ex Parte Child Custody Order
11 October 2019
- How Should I Reply to a California Divorce Petition?
4 October 2019
- Emergency Child Custody Orders in California
27 September 2019
- Domestic Violence in a California Divorce
19 September 2019
- Dividing Employee Benefits in a California Divorce
13 September 2019
- Personal Injury Settlements and California Divorce Laws
5 September 2019
- Can Parents Agree to Waive California Child Support?
31 August 2019
- How Should I Tell My Spouse That I Want a Divorce?
22 August 2019