Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Juvenile Law
Additional Practice Areas
I always offer an initial consultation for free to people with legal questions.
Credit Cards Accepted
I accept credit cards on all cases for payment. I will pay the credit card fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Legal Expert
- Legal Analyst WAVE 3 News
- Asked to do multiple live interviews for WAVE 3 news as a legal expert analyzing high-profile legal cases in the Commonwealth.
- Director of Communication
- Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney
- Worked with local media to report on local cases of interest. Worked with numerous local, regional and national media outlets and published weekly press releases.
- Prosecutor - Head of the Violent Crimes Unit
- Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney
- Lead Prosecutor on numerous cases ranging from Assault to Murder. Appointed First Division Chief of the Violent Crime's Unit under current Commonwealth's Attorney Tom Wine.
- Office of the Jefferson County Attorney
- Lead the Trial Division for Warrant Court. Lead prosecutor on cases involving DUI, theft, assault, domestic violence, traffic offenses.
- University of Kentucky
- J.D. (2001) | Law
- Honors: Law Journal, Trial Advocacy Board
- Miami University of Ohio
- B.A. (1997) | Criminology, Political Science
- Honors: Dean's List
- Activities: Basketball, Fraternity, Concert and Event Board
- CLE Award
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Completed over 60 hours of Continuing Education on a two year period.
- Kentucky State Bar
- Louisville Bar Association
- Activities: Leadership Academy
- Brandeis Inn of Court
- Member / Barrister
Articles & Publications
- In a grand jury, the prosecutor ‘runs the show’
- WAVE 3 News
- WAVE 3 ON-Air Legal Expert, Breonna Taylor Grand Jury Decision Day, In Studio WAVE 3 Louisville, KY
- Contacted to discuss legal implications of the Grand Jury decision in the Breonna Taylor Case. On-Air in studio expert legal analysis for four hours on the day this landmark indictment decision was made public.
- Expert Legal Analyst, Local News Media, Studio
- WAVE 3 Interview
- Cross Examination Advanced Class
- National District Attorneys Association
Websites & Blogs
- Leland Hulbert Law
24 Questions Answered
- Q. For a first time offense of wanton endangerment first degree and domestic violence fourth degree- likely outcome?
- A: It depends greatly on the facts, victim testimony and evidence. Domestic violence cases in Louisville have a special set of prosecutors and are examined very carefully. A felony carries up to five years in prison but these type of charges are on the cusp of a misdemeanor or a felony. I strongly recommend you hire an experienced attorney to handle this case in the hopes of getting a misdemeanor or a favorable resolution.
- Q. I was pulled over for doing 16 over (71 in a 55) .... Court is 01/21. I have no $.. will i go to jail? I just had a baby
- A: If you have a pending court date you can appear for that court date via phone call or zoom and enter your plea of not guilty and pass the case for another date. I would tell the Court your situation. You should not go to jail as long as you appear for your court date or have an Attorney appear on your behalf.
- Q. Tier 1 hospital billing as tier 2
- A: I don’t immediately see any criminal law issues for your question. That sounds like a health insurance billing issue. You could try contacting someone with the Department of insurance In your home state.
Contact & Map