Free Consultation: (352) 204-2224Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lauren Nagel Richardson

Lauren Nagel Richardson

Lauren Richardson Law, PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Lauren Richardson moved to Gainesville in 1993 to complete an LLM in Taxation at UF Law. Since then, she has focused her practice on protecting families and property through estate planning, guardianship, probate, special needs, and elder law. She also serves as co-counsel on wrongful death, personal injury and probate and trust litigation cases. Lauren's probate practice is Statewide. All other areas are throughout North Florida. Free phone consult. Reasonable fees.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration
    Elder Law
    Nursing Home Abuse
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Family Law
    Guardianship & Conservatorship, Prenups & Marital Agreements
  • Free Consultation
    Free office consultations in medical malpractice, personal injury, and wrongful death cases. Free phone consultation in all other areas of practice.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Other forms of payment: Checks Cash Money Order
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney
Lauren Richardson Law, PLLC
- Current
Of Counsel to Bogin, Munns & Munns, P. A.
Continuing to provide affordable and compassionate legal services in estate planning, probate, guardianship and elder law in Gainesville and surrounding areas. Now with the support of a law firm with 12 offices in Central Florida and North Central Florida. Free phone consultations. Statewide Florida Probate. Flat fees for summary administration and some estate planning.
Founding Attorney
Lauren Richardson Law, PLLC
Serving North Florida in estate planning, probate, guardianship, elder law and some family law matters. Also probate administration Statewide. LLM in Taxation. 20 years experience. Welcoming and professional. I will meet you at your home, nursing home or hospital if you are unable to come to my office.
Knellinger, Jacobson & Associates
practicing probate administration Statewide and estate planning, probate, guardianship, wills, trusts, elder law, and some family law throughout North Florida.
University of Florida
LL.M. (1997) | Taxation
Tax Thesis: Private Inurement After the United Cancer Council Case
University of Florida Logo
Florida State University College of Law
J.D. (1993) | Law
Honors: Graduated Magna Cum Laude; Book Awards: Constitutional Law, Intellectual Property
Activities: President: National Association of Public Interest Lawyers
Placeholder image for education.
Rollins College
B.A. (1990) | Philosophy
Honors: Bruce Wavell Philosophy Prize; NEH Younger Scholars Award
Placeholder image for education.
Pro Bono Service Award
Three Rivers Legal Services
Pro Bono Service Award
Three Rivers Legal Services
Pro Bono Service Award
Three Rivers Legal Services
Pro Bono Service Award
Three Rivers Legal Services
Pro Bono Service Award
Three Rivers Legal Services/Southern Legal Counsel
Pro Bono Service Award
Three Rivers Legal Services, Inc.
Book Awards: Constitutional Law, Intellectual Property
Florida State University College of Law
Bruce Wavell Philosophy Prize
Rollins College
NEH Younger Scholars Award
National Endowment for the Humanities
research, writing and publication of paper, Russian Avant Garde Art and Relevant Scientific Theory
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0083119
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
Board Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Florida Estate Planning Attorney | Wills | Lauren Richardson Law
Legal Answers
183 Questions Answered
Q. To chg home deed to me, (hubby died), Court: “just send new deed:warranty/quit claim/lady bird - can’t advise on which.”
A: Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. Depending on how the real estate was titled, you will have to do one of two things: 1. If the real estate was titled on your deed in your name and your husband's name, husband and wife, then all you will need to do is get a short form (without cause) death certificate and take it to the recording clerk at the courthouse and have it recorded. It costs $10.00 to record a death certificate. 2. If the real estate was just in your husband's name, then you will need to hire a probate attorney to open his estate to transfer the property to his heirs. There is no deed that you or anyone can prepare to transfer the real property of a deceased person. Either it is husband and wife property and you just need to record the death certificate OR it is just in your husband's name and you will need to open a probate estate. Our office offers a free 15 minute phone consultation if you would like to discuss your case and get a quote. Please feel free to give us a call.
Q. Homeowner ins won't send refund to me. House is now in my name. Summary admin. Husband accts closed. Now what?
A: You may need to have your probate lawyer file an amended petition for summary administration to include this refund on the amended petition and proposed amended order of summary administration as an asset, so that you can use the court order to get the refund issued in your name. Another option is for your attorney to submit a proposed amended order of summary administration and ask the court to include the language "rest, residue and remainder of estate" to you, and then you can use this amended order to have any future refund checks reissued to you.
Q. What does it mean to remove from an estate by petition? Ex: if the homestead is removed from the estate by petition?
A: The issue of the homestead property being devised to someone in the will has nothing to do with whether it is included or not included in the fee calculation. As the other attorney answering this question has addressed, the value of the homestead is not included in the statutory fee calculation. If you sign a fee agreement that states otherwise, however, the fee agreement is a contract between parties and it would control. It would only bind you, however; unless the other heirs sign the fee agreement, they could contest the fees at a fee hearing at the end of the case. There are many attorneys in Florida who are willing to handle estates for a flat fee or for an hourly rate that would be in many cases less than the statutory fee. I also recommend that you shop around for a different attorney.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Lauren Richardson Law, PLLC
3620 NW 43rd Street
Suite B
Gainesville, FL 32606
Telephone: (352) 204-2224
Monday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed