Free Consultation: (614) 796-4325Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kyle Anderson

Kyle Anderson

Mansell Law LLC
  • Employment Law, Civil Rights
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

As an Ohio Employment Attorney, Kyle focuses his practice in a wide range of areas. Kyle has assisted dozens of clients in wrongful termination, workplace discrimination (based on race, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military veterans, or pregnancy), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), hostile work environment, sexual harassment, retaliation, unpaid overtime and minimum wage, non-solicitation, severance negotiations, and many more cases. Kyle represents clients in jury trials, arbitrations, unemployment hearings, disciplinary hearings, mediations, and hearings in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

If you are looking for a Columbus Ohio Employment Lawyer to represent you, Kyle and Mansell Law are ready. We understand Wrongful Termination Ohio laws and Ohio Overtime Laws so you are protected.

Please contact me at to schedule a free consultation.

Practice Areas
  • Employment Law
  • Civil Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    20-40% in most instances.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Mansell Law LLC
Capital University Law School
J.D. (2018) | Law
Honors: Kyle received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Capital University Law School. During law school, Kyle participated on the Labor and Employment Moot Court team, was a Research Assistant for a professor at the Law School, received the CALI Award for Employment Law (highest final grade in the class), and externed for the Honorable Judge Algenon L. Marbley in the United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
Capital University Law School Logo
Ohio State University - Columbus
B.S. (2015) | Accounting
Ohio State University - Columbus Logo
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar # 0097806
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
35 Questions Answered

Q. Due to a chronic health condition (and COVID) I have an MD letter to work from home. Can work deny this?
A: I would recommend reaching out to an employment attorney in your state for a consultation. More information is needed on your medical condition to determine if it qualifies as a disability under the ADA. If it does, you might try to request a reasonable accommodation of working from home. Looking at this from another angle, if the employer has more than 50 employees within a 75 mile radius of your job site and if you have worked there for more than a year and more than 1250 hours, you may qualify for FMLA. FMLA will protect your job for 12 weeks.
A: No, the Fair Labor Standards Act only covers employees, not independent contractors.
Q. If I fired an employee for cause and put not rehireable in the file. Does AZ have a law to protect that decision
A: Arizona is an at-will state meaning, generally, you can terminate an employee for any reason, as long as it is not an unlawful reason. There aren't laws in place to protect you as an employer, only to protect the employee. The protections extended to employees generally involve terminations based on race, gender, religion, etc.
Q. Does my employer need to pay me if they are requiring a 14 day quarantine for visiting a non high risk country?
A: No. Since you are not performing any work, they are not required to pay you.
Q. My employer just fired 3 employees and wants to cut my pay by 33%.
A: Reach out to an employment attorney in your state for a consultation. It sounds like this pay cut came right after you announced your pregnancy, and discrimination based on pregnancy is unlawful.
Q. I am a 63 year old woman, working for the same company 14 years. Company changed my position and didn't give me options.
A: I would reach out to an employment lawyer in your state to go over options. I'm not sure about Illinois, but in Ohio you would typically not be eligible to receive unemployment if you quit.
Q. My wife works for a local bank, she has been told she can have her 30 minute lunch, but can’t leave. Must Clock out
A: Yes, she should be able to take an uninterrupted break if they are requiring her to clock-out. If she is clocking-out and is consistently unable to take an uninterrupted break, I would reach out to an employment lawyer in your state for a full evaluation. There are other factors that need to be determined as well.
Q. Can my old employer hold my check and mail it instead?
A: Yes. Some states have a time-frame by which employees must be paid, so you would need to check with an employment lawyer in North Carolina, but a few days would likely not put them in violation. For example, Ohio requires payment within 30 days, so there is not violation until the 31st day occurs and the employee has still not received payment.
Q. I am a salaried employee. Can an employer require me to stay on their property to sleep without paying me for it?
A: More information is required for a full analysis of your situation, thus, I would recommend reaching out to an employment law attorney in your state. However, the employer would not be required to pay you extra for the sleep time if you are properly classified as a salaried employee. An hourly employee would generally need to be compensated for the sleep time if the employees shift is less than 24 hours. There are different rules of compensability for sleep time if the hourly employee works 24 hours or more at a time.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Mansell Law LLC
1457 S. High Street
Columbus, OH 43207
Telephone: (614) 796-4325