Lead counsel in six-week jury trial for local development company, its principal, and condominium buyers in litigation against regional bank arising from bank’s breach of contract to provide construction financing for developer’s project to convert historic apartment building to condominiums. Obtained dismissal or jury verdict for plaintiffs on $6 million counterclaim brought by bank. Obtained jury verdict of approximately $14.0 million against bank on breach of contract and tortious interference claims brought by developer and additional verdicts totaling $5.6 million for condominium buyers. The net result was a $25 million judgment for clients.
Lead trial counsel in four-week trial advancing derivative claims for misappropriation of corporate opportunities and breach of fiduciary duty by corporate president and director. $19.8 million verdict returned in clients favor included award of punitive damages and the imposition of constructive trusts. In subsequent proceedings before bankruptcy court, judgment found to be non-dischargeable.
Co-counsel in four-week jury trial advancing fraud and federal RICO claims upon behalf of plaintiff. Jury verdict of $3.2 million in favor of client. Believed to be the only successfully tried civil RICO case in the Southern District of Ohio, Eastern Division.
Co-counsel in jury trial defending commercial trespass claims and pursuing counterclaims for abuse of process. Client prevailed. Jury verdict of abuse of process, with a judgment including compensatory punitive damages and attorneys’ fees.
Lead trial attorney in defense of action pursued by approximately 500 plaintiffs against the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. Clients' overall exposure was $300 million. Case tried to a defense verdict.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Communications & Internet Law
- Employment Law
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Securities Law
- General Civil
- 2nd Circuit
- 3rd Circuit
- 4th Circuit
- 5th Circuit
- 6th Circuit
- 8th Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- 10th Circuit
- 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- Zeiger, Tigges & Little LLP
- - Current
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude; The Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, The Ohio State Law Journal, 1989
- The Ohio State University
- Super Lawyer
- Ohio Super Lawyers
- Ohio Super Lawyers (2006 - 2016); Ohio Super Lawyers Top 50 in Columbus (2011 – present); Ohio Super Lawyers Top 100 in Ohio (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in America
- Commercial Litigation; Securities Law; Administrative Law; Employment Law; Legal Malpractice Law; Communications Law; First Amendment Law; and Media Law
- Ohio State Bar
- Columbus Bar Association
- Marion H. Little Jr.'s Website Profile
- Zeiger, Tigges & Little LLP Website