Free Consultation: (334) 557-7188Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kristine Jones

Kristine Jones

Family & Divorce Attorney in Montgomery, Alabama
  • Divorce, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Are you facing difficult family law issues? Are you looking for a trustworthy and reliable lawyer in Montgomery?

Kristine Jones, Attorney-at-Law offers a wide range of legal services related to family matters and domestic relations.

Kristine is a member of the Alabama State Bar Association, Montgomery County Bar Association, and founding member of The KJ Law Firm located in Montgomery, Alabama.

When it comes to family law, Kristine Jones is poised and ready to provide outstanding representation for clients facing a variety of family legal matters.

She offers legal advice and counsel for issues related to Marriage & Family, Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Child Support & Custody, Guardian Ad Litem, Division of Property, Mediation, and Small Claims Assistance.

No matter how complex or straightforward your family law issues, Kristine Jones welcomes the opportunity to help you with your case.

Contact Kristine Jones, a Family Law Attorney who understands the importance of providing quality client services.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Small Claims Court Assistance
  • Child Custody & Visitation
  • Child Support
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees are available depending on the issue.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
R & D Consulting, Inc
Reviewed customer contract proposals, Defined bid application problems by conferring with clients and developed solutions by utilizing alternative dispute resolution techniques.
Law Clerk
Alabama Law Institute
Law clerk for the Alabama Legislature 2016 session through the field placement program at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Court
Performed weekly mediation of cases through the Kenneth F. Dunham Mediation Clinic at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Law Clerk
One Place Family Justice Center
As part of the Domestic Violence Clinic at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, performed new client intake, counsel, advice, and trials for clients seeking primarily a Protection From Abuse.
Alabama Secretary of State Elections Division
Performed research for chief election law legal counsel; assembled prior years of election data for state and federal offices.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Auburn University
Lectured twice per week, graded quizzes and exams, and met with students during office hours for a political science course containing approximately 35 students.
Research Assistant
Colorado Secretary of State Elections Division
Performed research for Elections Director; traveled to various mail ballot processing facilities on day of primary election.
Process Server/Researcher
Watson, McKinney, and Artrip, LLP
Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law
LL.M. (2016) | Dispute Resolution
Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution Processes
Placeholder image for education.
Auburn University
M.P.A. (2013) | Public Administration
Specialization: Election Administration
Auburn University Logo
University of Alabama - Huntsville
B.A. (2011) | Political Science and Philosophy
University of Alabama - Huntsville Logo
Medal of the Samaritan
Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program
In recognition of her outstanding pro bono legal services, the MVLP presented Kristine Jones with the 2018 Medal of the Samaritan.
Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation (Alabama)
Alabama Access to Justice Commission
In recognition of providing 50 or more hours of pro bono legal services to low income Alabama residents, the Alabama Access to Justice Commission presented Kristine B. Jones, Attorney at Law, with the 2018 Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation.
Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation (Montgomery County)
Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program
In recognition of providing pro bono legal services to low income residents of Montgomery County. Presented by the Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program at the 3rd Annual MVLP Awards Luncheon in Montgomery, Alabama.
Professional Associations
Montgomery County Bar Association
- Current
Activities: MCBA hosts events to foster interaction, communication, and professional opportunities to lawyers in Montgomery and other surrounding counties.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Montgomery County Bar Foundation
Volunteer Attorney
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
Registered Mediator
- Current
Activities: Alternative dispute resolution and mediation areas of practice include Alimony, Automotive, Child Support, Consumer, Contracts, Custody/Visitation, Elections, Family, Landlord/Tenant, Post Divorce Issues, and Small Claims.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity # 40785251
- Current
Activities: The Phi Alpha Delta (Central Alabama Alumni Chapter) offers networking, event planning, case referrals, and general discussion opportunities for its Alabama Alumni members.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Alabama State Bar # 1973W23L
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Registered Alabama Mediator
Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
Websites & Blogs
Divorce Services and Messaging Form
Legal Answers
107 Questions Answered

Q. AL child custody laws
A: Hello. There is misinformation floating around regarding children and the age when children can "choose" who to live with. Children do not get to choose who they want to live with until they are no longer children, which is 19 in Alabama. That being said, the older a child is the more weight their opinion carries in custody determinations in front of a judge. So you have that going for you. Other considerations would be your violation/contempt of not following the current order that's in place because rightly or wrongly the kids have had a change of heart about dad. It's rare that police will force older children to go with a parent when they are adamant to police about not going; however, police can still be called and reports made. Best of luck!
Q. Can I prove my husband is not the father with a paternity test while pregnant and then get a divorce in Alabama
A: Hello, this is a good question for someone who practices in your local jurisdiction. They can give you the best advice on if a pre-birth test would be admissible to proving your husband is not the father. Best of luck!
Q. Our son was divorced one year ago this Oct. Per the decree, the marital home (which is owned JTWROS by my wife and me
A: Hello. It's difficult to know without looking at the decree or settlement agreement about the status of the lease. It may be valid unless there's a provision stating it can't be leased during that time period. Your son can enforce the decree once the time to sell has lapsed if the house is still not sold, which sounds like two years from now. I would recommend going with your son to an attorney in your area and get some guidance on what the options are for both of you. Bets of luck!
Q. What is the typical cost for an uncontested divorce?
A: Hello. It varies depending on how in depth the settlement agreement needs to be drafted. It also depends on how uncontested is it? Have you and your spouse worked out all the details or do you expect the attorney to do that for you? Also, court costs vary from county to county so that depends on where you file. Best of luck!
Q. In Alabama when u go for child support how far back can you go? My child is 4.
A: Hello. You can ask for it to be retroactive back to birth, but that is something within the judge's discretion based on the facts of your case. Best of luck!
Q. If my childrens father already pays child support to his ex wife, how will that affect my child support?
A: Hello. He will get a credit of $380 deducted from his gross monthly income.
Q. My wife's ex will pay for something for their daughter then take it out of the support he pays. What are our options?
A: Hello. To file contempt would be your option, without knowing the specifics of all the facts. Your wife should seek counsel in her area to determine what is the best course of action. Best of luck!
Q. Do I have to pay Child Support in Alabama after my child is 19 and going to school?
A: Hello. I don't know when your divorce was finalized so it may make a difference. Under the current law, no, you would not owe child support past 19. The only way you could is if you agreed to pay after she reached age 19. I would contact counsel in your area and consult with them to make sure. Best of luck.
Q. How do I go about getting a birth father's parental rights terminated for myy almost 5 year old daughter?
A: Hello. You would need to go the your local juvenile court and speak with an intake specialist to file a TPR. You may also contact a local attorney and speak with them first about what options are available and which option is best given your particular facts. Best of luck to you and your daughter!
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The KJ Law Firm
445 Dexter Ave #4050
Office #412
Montgomery, AL 36104
Telephone: (334) 557-7188