Free Consultation: (617) 485-6977Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kimberly Winslow

Kimberly Winslow

  • Education Law
  • Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Kimberly Winslow is a special education attorney, representing families of students with disabilities seeking to reach their full educational potential. She helps children with a variety of special needs and disabilities who are not making expected progress in school to get the help they need.

Kimberly graduated Suffolk University School of Law cum laude, and is licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.

Practice Area
    Education Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
ID Number: 661169
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Suffolk University Law School
J.D. (2004)
Honors: Cum Laude
Suffolk University Law School Logo
University of Hartford
B.A. (2001) | Technical Writing
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
Attorney Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Special Needs Advocacy Network
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Massachusetts  # 661169
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. Educational Rights holder under IDEA times of issue 2016-2020 client turned 18 after graduation. parent or child?
A: In MA, it would be the child unless parents have guardianship. The statute of limitations under IDEA is only 2 years, so depending on the facts (including when you knew or should've known there was an IDEA violation) you may only be able to go back to 2018. I would highly recommend contacting a local special education attorney.
Q. I am a teacher Special Education Teacher in Indiana
A: I would definitely recommend following up with an attorney in Indiana. Depending on the facts, you could have a tort claim against the school for negligence. In MA there is a liability cap of $100,000, and strict procedures that must be followed to put the school on notice. Good luck!
Q. If the public school refuses accommodations for my child's 504 plan, what can be done?
A: I would recommend contacting the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). 504 requires school districts to provide appropriate education services that meet the individual needs of the student to equal the way the needs of students do not have disabilities are met. You may additionally have recourse through your state's administrative complaint system. In MA it is the Board of Special Education Appeals, but there should be a similar avenue for Due Process in your state. Information about the OCR complaint process: Complaint form: If your daughter is not making effective progress, you may also consider whether she should be evaluated (or re-evaluated) for special education services. Good luck!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Kimberly L Winslow
23 Franconia Avenue
Natick, MA 01760
Telephone: (617) 485-6977