Free Consultation: (517) 258-8020Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth V Zichi

Kenneth V Zichi

Kenneth V . Zichi J.D.
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate Law ...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Helping Livingston County residents navigate the legal system for 30 years. I focus on Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate, with a significant portion of my practice also concerning Real Estate and general civil litigation. If you have questions or issues with your home, a cabin up north, or want to insure your family is cared for after you are gone, I'd be happy to meet with you, perhaps bust some myths, and certainly insure YOUR and your family's needs are met. Call for an appointment today!

Practice Areas
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Tenants' Rights
  • Free Consultation
    Telephone [(810) 299-5222] or office conferences, 20 minutes or less. Longer conferences may incur a minimal fee.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Kenneth V . Zichi J.D.
- Current
City of Williamston (Michigan)
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
A.B. | History / Communications
Honors: LS&A Honors College 1977-1979
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Michigan
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
estate and probate section Michigan bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Law and Media committee - State Bar of Michigan
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Newsroom Seminar, WNEM TV/AM - Saginaw MI
State Bar of Michigan - Law & Media committee
An hour-long seminar addressing some of the common practical and substantive difficulties journalists encounter in covering the legal system in Michigan.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1140 Questions Answered
Q. Michigan is a pension payout part of a trust? My brother past away and my mom was excluded Trust is she entitled pen
A: IF (and only if) the 'pension' has a death benefit -- maybe.

Is the mother a named beneficiary of the pension 'death benefit'? Then she's entitled to directly receive a portion per the rules of the pension.

If the TRUST is the named beneficiary, then the trust terms dictate.

Don't accept the 'word' of the pension people or some random guy on the internet though, Seek a local legal opinion from a licensed attorney. There are LOTS of variables that may impact this! Get real legal advice before acting.
Q. Can i request relief for a prescribed easement against a municipality?
A: There are lots of unanswered questions raised by your statement of facts here. "Unauthorized" in what way? Who owns the property -- you or the city? Is this easement on YOUR property or are you trying to use the property AS an easement to get access to your property? It is all pretty unclear.

And those details impact what you should do. At this point the BEST advice is to bring your situation with drawings and that 'limited use deed' to a local real estate attorney to review and provide you real advice. It does sound, as Mr Soble said, like this is headed to court if you can't work out the details with the city, but whether or not that will happen and what sort of compromise is appropriate is a whole different question! Get local legal advice! ... Read More
Q. 30 day termination of tenancy
A: I concur, you can give a 30 day notice for ANY (or no) reason. HOWEVER, be sure you do it right. If you don't give appropriate notice either by missing a deadline or 'rushing' the move out date or not including all the required statutory language it will be 'defective' and you'll have to start all over with the process adding delay into the mix.

Get local legal help -- it is cheap insurance!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1360 W. Grand River Ave, Howell MI
PO Box 1121
Fowlerville, MI 48836
Telephone: (810) 299-5222
Cell: (517) 258-8020
Monday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 2:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Please call for either an in person or 'zoom' appointment. Conferences beyond an initial phone screening by appointment only.
1360 W. Grand River Ave
Howell, MI 48843
Toll-Free: (517) 258-8020
Cell: (810) 299-5222
Brighton Phone
Brighton, MI 48116
Telephone: (810) 299-5222