Free Consultation: (501) 246-3586Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Kathryn L Hudson

Law in the Service of Others
  • Divorce, Family Law, Personal Injury ...
  • Arkansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I became a lawyer later in life after experiencing first hand as a single mother and business owner how helpless one can feel in a judicial system that seems out of reach to all but those with endless resources. I know what it is like to be faced with the need for legal representation having limited resources and a judicial system that is too often dismissive of those with modest means. I made a vow to never forget how terrified and helpess I felt and how differently many things in my life might have been had I had someone advocating for my rights. To prepare for my career in law I chose one of the few Public Interest law schools in the country. Their motto of "Law in the Service of Human Needs" was how I thought the practice of law should be and in that spirit in my own practice - I have adopted "Law in the service of others" as my guide.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Civil Rights
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • Free Consultation
    Reduced rate for military and senior citizens
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, PayPal
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal injury and most civil rights cases are by contingency fee.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment plan available
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson
- Current
We are a family oriented practice that doesn't treat you like a "case" or see you as a "billable hour," we know legal difficulties effect the entire family and we want to be the first you and your family call when the unexpected happens.
The City University of New York School of Law
Honors: Vice President Criminal Law Society - Domestic Violence Fellowship Award
The City University of New York School of Law Logo
Syracuse University
(1999) Graduate Studies History/Women's Studies
Honors: Teaching Incarerated Women
Syracuse University Logo
Syracuse University
B.A. | Political Science
Honors: Magna cum Laude
Syracuse University Logo
Professional Associations
Arkansas Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Active Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
Active Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Professional Women
Active Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered
Q. If you are 16 and pregnant can you move out with the father?
A: Unless you are legally emancipated from your parents or married, which requires parental consent, your parents are still your guardians and can enlist law enforcement or the courts to help them if they feel you are acting against your best interests. To be emancipated you have to file a petition with the court and serve notice on your parents, the court will want to see that you have a way of supporting yourself and a secure and safe place to live. Even with emancipation you will still be required to attend school. Have you discussed marrying the baby's father, if so your parents may consent to marriage.
Q. My son is in jail for aggrevated robbery. This is his 1st offense. Should he take it to trial. Offer is now 25 years
A: Without more information it is difficult to render an opinion. There are many factors that need to be considered before taking a plea offered by the prosecution, an attorney will review all the evidence the state has and must turn over to the defense in order to counter back to the prosecution with another alternative. Taking the case to trial of course has risk but when there is a prosecutor that refuses to budge it is often the only choice. If your son does not already have a private attorney you would be wise to do what you can to retain one for him. Public defenders are dedicated advocates but have heavy case loads and too often do not have the resources available to investigate the evidence and interview witnesses that when that evidence is shown to the prosecution often prompts them to reconsider their original offer. ... Read More
Q. How can I give up all my rights to my child in arkansas
A: Generally a parent cannot relinquish their parental rights absent a dependency neglect action or a step-parent that stands ready and willing to adopt your child. Be aware that relinquishing your rights does not necessarily stop a child support order that is in place.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
650 S. Shackleford Road
Suite 400
Little Rock, AR 72211
Telephone: (501) 246-3586