Free Consultation: (603) 505-8749Tap to Call This Lawyer
Joseph Caulfield

Joseph Caulfield

When it's important enough to hire an expert.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation...
  • Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I am an Attorney, Mediator, Guardian ad Litem, and Collaborative Law Practitioner, with more than 40 years' experience in the courtroom trying cases. I represent my clients with skill, commitment and courage. Although I believe my clients are often better served through other methods of dispute resolution, rather than through litigation, I will fight for my clients. I remain on the cutting edge of technology, which gives me a decided advantage over yesterday’s practitioners. I charge rates for my services which are competitive with any other firm and issue detailed accounting of my fees. My office has recently been completely remodeled and provides an ideal place for legal meetings or mediation, with a large conference room and separate rooms for each party. I am conveniently located just 10 minutes from Milford, 20 minutes from Peterborough, and 25 minutes from Nashua. Please contact me for a free consultation and let me know how I can help.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Free Consultation
    30 minutes
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Although I certainly serve my community through pro bono work, most of my representation of clients must be for profit, if I am to stay in business. I generally require a retainer up front, commensurate with the amount of work my client wants me to do. If this retainer is used up, I require that it be refreshed. When my representation concludes, I refund to my client any unused retainer. I am willing to adjust my hourly rate based upon my clients financial situation. I am willing to accept some cases for a flat fee. However, I will seldom accept a case on a contingency.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Hampshire
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Associations
Vermont State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Assuaging the Rage of Achilles: Athena, Aikido and Marital Mediation
NH Bar Journal
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. Is it OK for my GAL to forward our private email's to the opposing counsel without my permission?
A: Unless you've agreed to something else in the GAL Stipulation, the GAL's file is open to both parties, meaning everything can be obtained.
Q. Can I allow part of a mediation agreement without it being filed?
A: Of course.
Q. my 17yr old son has a hearing for transporting and unlawful possession of alcohol , should I get a lawyer
A: Yes, because you don't want that on his record, if you can avoid it.
Q. In NH, a protection order is placed. Defendant is at a restaurant and victim walks in after. Who has to leave?
A: Courts generally rule that the defendant must leave.
Q. Can a person with dementia legally change their power of attorney?
A: Dementia is an up and down things as it progresses. It depends on the person's faculties at the time of the change.
Q. I live in New Hampshire what rights do i have as a father? We havent been to court for custody just child support.
A: You have the exact same rights and responsibilities as the mom has.
Q. I have full custody of my son in New Hampshire can I give my ex full custody
A: Assuming that's in your son's best interests, of course! You should be able to do it by filing a new parenting plan for the court's approval.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
126 Perham Corner Rd.
Lyndeborough, NH 03082
Telephone: (603) 505-8749