Jonathan WeetmanThe Entrepreneur's Lawyer
- Business Law, Construction Law, Employment Law ...
Jon is an attorney who specializes in business law who also serves as a business counselor. His passion is enriching the lives of entrepreneurs by making their businesses better.
Jon has been the Director of Entrepreneurship and Workforce Development for the Carroll County Department of Economic Development. While there, he worked to establish a leading business support service network that includes the Carroll Business Path, the Carroll County Small Business Loan Fund, and the “Know Before It’s Go” regulatory compliance assistance program. In addition, he worked to improve workforce development as head of the Carroll County Business and Employment Resource Center.
Before working for Carroll County government, Jon’s career was focused on business administration, consulting, and legal services. His experience includes business unit leadership positions as well as running his own consulting company and law firm.
His earlier experience includes positions with international manufacturers as well as having led a team of LEAN and Six Sigma engineers providing industrial process improvements in diverse applications.
Jon has a degree in Business Management from the University of Maryland, an MBA from Loyola University of Maryland and a Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland School of Law. His negotiation training includes the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School. He is a member of the Maryland Bar.
Jon also enjoys what he considers the world’s best part-time job as Hockey Director and coach at a Frederick area ice rink.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
Credit Cards Accepted
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex as well as PayPal and checks.
- Loyola College
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- University of Maryland - College Park
- Maryland State Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Carroll County
- Associate Member
- Certificate of Mediation
- Weetman Law Website