Free Consultation: (951) 405-0555Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

John Karas

Serious case? You need a SERIUOSLY GOOD LAWYER.
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence ...
  • California, California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Trial attorney (not merely a negotiator). Criminal defense (misdemeanors and felonies), Civil (personal injury) and Appellate (criminal and civil). Worked on the defense team for then San Diego Mayor Roger Hedgecock. Written successful briefs and oral argument in both Civil and Criminal Appeals.

Specialize in Criminal Defense cases up to and including trial.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense
    Cannabis & Marijuana Law
    Marijuana Business Formation
    White Collar Crime
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Products Liability
    Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
    Civil Rights
    Police Misconduct
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals
  • Free Consultation
    30 minutes devoted totally to your case (not your financial information like most lawyers/law firms).
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
San Diego State Univ
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
California Western School of Law
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 115833
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of John Karas
Legal Answers
123 Questions Answered
Q. If a current charge is non-violent can a 30yr old strike be used as an enhancement?
A: I suggest you consult with and perhaps hire a different attorney in your area. When I talk with DA's on behalf of my clients, they voluntarily dismiss the prior felony enhancement even when it's far more recent than yours. Otherwise, they know a Romero motion will follow to strike the enhancement. Judges hate it when DA's play hard ball in plea bargaining negotiations knowing how over-crowded the state prisons and county jails are and will usually grant a Romero motion without hesitation unless there's something more to the defendant's background. Be aware the prior felony doesn't disappear from your record. It's just not used for enhancement purposes. Good luck.
Q. Can police officers execute a warrant on weekends?
A: Short answer is yes.
Q. If a business with legal product sell or delivers to customers who uses it for illegal activity, is that aiding & abedd?
A: It depends on the nature of the product, by whom it's used and for what purpose. For example, you posted this question under several categories including Cannabis & MJ law. MJ is now legal for persons over the age of 18. However, if you sold/ delivered MJ to a minor (under 18) that would be unlawful in the first place without going through any aiding and abetting analysis. Still sticking with MJ (or other drugs), if you sold or delivered products you knew or had reason to know was being used to refine MJ to Cannbis wax or acetone (as one example) used to manufacture meth, you could be charged with aiding and abetting or being a co-conspirator with the parties involved in manufacturing.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of John Karas
43537 Ridge Park Dr.
Temecula, CA 92590
Telephone: (951) 405-0555
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Appointments on weekends available.