John Charles GradyPassionate Craig Annin & Baxter Partners Take Your Case Personally
- Civil Rights, Employment Law, Insurance Claims ...
- New Jersey, Pennsylvania
I am a partner in the Woodbury, New Jersey firm of Craig, Annin & Baxter, LLP. The New Jersey Supreme Court has re-certified me as a Civil Trial Attorney through 2021, I have been certified for more than 25 years. I am currently among the attorneys chosen by Superlawyers for their New Jersey Super Lawyers List for 2018 and 2019. I am the former Lead Deputy for the Insurance Fraud Section of the New Jersey Department of Law & Public Safety. For the State, I handled civil trial and appellate litigation and was involved in precedent setting litigation about New Jersey’s Insurance Fraud Prevention Act, “IFPA”. I have been an instructor for the New Jersey Attorney General’s Advocacy Institute and for the Office of the Insurance Fraud Prosecutor’s civil investigator training. I have lectured for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the National Business Institute and the Camden County Bar Association on topics including Insurance Fraud, Trial Skills, Ethics, and Spoliation.
I am admitted to practice before the State and Federal courts in New Jersey and Pennsylvania as well as the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. I have appeared in all divisions and at all levels of the New Jersey court system and in every county.
My law degree, or Juris Doctor, is from the Rutgers School of Law and I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from St. John’s University.
Much of my time currently is spent defending municipalities and police officers in civil rights litigation and municipalities in CEPA and LAD matters brought by employees who allege discrimination or retaliation in their public employment. I continue to handle plaintiff's personal injury matters against private individuals and entities, consumer fraud defense matters, and products liability defense.
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Insurance Defense
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Courts
- ID Number: 027581982
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- ID Number: 56179
- English: Spoken, Written
- New Jersey State Bar  # 027581982
- - Current