I have thirty years of experience practicing employment and business law. Having served as an attorney in private practice, a contract attorney for Northwest Airlines, and an In-House Counsel for CP Rail, I have diverse experience in representing and advising clients on various legal matters. I have extensive experience advising businesses and individuals on how to comply with the law. I have worked with corporations to develop pro-active strategies to ensure corporate compliance with State and Federal laws. My background and experience includes:
• Thirty years of experience in employment and business law, 15 years as legal counsel to a variety of small businesses and 10 years as in-house counsel for CP Rail.
• Independent contractor attorney for Northwest Airlines investigating and resolving internal EEO complaints and assured compliance with EEO laws.
• Negotiate and draft Employment Contracts, Severance Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements and Non-Competition Agreements on behalf of businesses and individuals.
• Requested to share expertise by leading seminars for managers within businesses on hiring and firing practices and coaching difficult employees.
• Achieved favorable results representing business clients and individuals regarding employment disputes involving Title VII, FMLA, ADA, Wage and Hour laws, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Minnesota Human Rights Act.
• Counseled businesses on hiring and firing guidelines, and draft employment policy and procedures.
• Negotiate and resolve small business legal disputes.