Free Consultation: (253) 581-0894Tap to Call This Lawyer
Janta Steele

Janta Steele

Probate and estate attorney with cross-border experience
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law ...
  • Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am curious about your story and want you to feel heard throughout your legal process, whether it is estate planning, a probate, a guardianship application, or something else. I want to level with you so I can give you quality advice that helps you move forward.

About me: I live in Lakewood, Washington with my husband, but grew up in British Columbia. I am very active in my church, and I got a puppy in 2023 so I could compete in dog agility. If you are curious about me, please don't hesitate to call. I would love to know how I can help.

Practice Areas
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Elder Law
Real Estate Law
Easements, Homeowners Association, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate
  • Free Consultation
    First 30 minutes free
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
British Columbia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Washington State Bar Association
ID Number: 60876
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken
Professional Experience
Estate, Probate, and Guardianship Attorney
Alliance Law Group
- Current
Estate, Probate, and Guardianship Attorney
Alliance Law Group
- Current
Probate and Estate Law Attorney
Comfort Davies Smith & Crawford
RDM Lawyers, Abbotsford, British Columbia
Intern/ Attorney
Hamilton Duncan, Surrey, British Columbia
Secretariat Coordinator
British Columbia Ministry of Jobs, Trade and Technology
Administrative Coordinator
British Columbia Ministry of Small Business and Tourism
Support staff to Minister of Small Business and Tourism
Research Officer/ Legislative Assistant
Legislative Assembly of British Columbia, Government Caucus
Queen Mary University of London
Placeholder image for education.
University of British Columbia
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tacoma Estate Planning Council
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington Women Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Bar Association  # 60876
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Alliance Law Group P.S.
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered
Q. In WA does a legal heir have a right to a full accounting from the executor of where the estate's money is going?
A: Good afternoon,

Yes, it is possible to request an accounting from the the executor (aka "Personal Representative") of the estate under RCW 11.68.065 if your situation meets all of the following criteria:

a) you are a beneficiary with an interest in the estate;

b) you have not signed anything saying you were fully paid your share of the estate; and

c) at least a year has passed since the probate opened, or since the last report was delivered.

The accounting should include the following listed items, plus more if the court so orders:

i) A description of the amount and nature of all property, real and personal, that has come into the hands of the personal representative;

ii) a statement of all property collected and paid out or distributed by the personal representative;

iii) a statement of claims filed and allowed against the estate and those rejected; and

iv) any estate, inheritance, or fiduciary income tax returns filed by the personal representative.

If the personal representative has done something wrong, then you would look at RCW 11.48 regarding possible claims against the personal representative.

Does that answer your question?
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Alliance Law Group P.S.
5316 Orchard Street W
University Place, WA 98467
Telephone: (253) 581-0894