Free Consultation: (206) 878-8777Tap to Call This Lawyer
Renee Louise Roman

Renee Louise Roman

EXPERIENCE YOU CAN TRUST. Over 30 Years of Experience, Call for Consultation!
  • Probate, Real Estate Law, Business Law ...
  • Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Renee Roman is a seasoned attorney with extensive experience, holding licenses from the Washington State Bar Association. Additionally, she has achieved success as a real estate broker in the state of Washington. Prior to establishing Marine View Law & Escrow PLLC, Renee gained valuable experience in real estate and worked as part of a general practice law firm, specializing in family law, real estate matters, estate planning, and probate.

Currently, Renee focuses her practice on real estate law,, estate planning, and probate cases. She is deeply committed to providing top-notch representation and passionately advocates for the rights of her clients.

No matter if you are a seasoned property owner, an investor, a successful builder, or a newcomer to the process of buying or selling property, Renee's wealth of experience can greatly benefit you. As part of her professional affiliations, she is an esteemed member of the Northwest Multiple Listing Service™.

Practice Areas
    Probate Administration
    Real Estate Law
    Easements, Mortgages, Residential Real Estate
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Formation
    Estate Planning
    Trusts, Wills
  • Free Consultation
    Free 15 minute phone consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Washington State Bar Association
ID Number: 17728
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney & Owner
Marine View Law
Managing Broker
Keller Williams Realty Bellevue
- Current
Managing Broker
Keller Williams Puget Sound
Managing Broker
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services NW
Managing Broker
Coldwell Banker Danforth
Lewis & Clark Law School
J.D. (1987) | Law
Lewis & Clark Law School Logo
University of Washington
B.A. (1983) | Economics
Placeholder image for education.
Good Rating
Best Probate Lawyers in Kent
Best Probate Lawyers in Seattle
Professional Associations
Northwest Multiple Listing Service
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Bar Association  # 17728
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Real Estate Instructor, Washington State Department of Licensing, Real Estate Education Division; Washington State Home Finance Commission
Washington State Real Estate Broker
License #16079
Websites & Blogs
Marine View Law Website
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered
Q. If I add my life partner to the title of my house and I die, will the house go directly to him without probate?
A: The answer to your first question is yes, but ONLY IF the proper deed is executed and recorded. There are several types of deeds in Washington, so please consult an attorney who can explain the differences, so you can decide what is best for you and your partner.

The answer to the second question is that inheritance receives a stepped up basis at the time of death so there would be no capital gains. Again, you will want to discuss this with an attorney, with your particular situation in mind.
Q. My house sold at for closure auction where can I get free help claiming the surplus funds?
A: Obtaining these funds may require the services of an attorney, one who is familiar with the surplus funds procedure, who can assess your situation. This process usually involves notice to lien holders and a hearing, so you may want to start that process as soon as possible. Although I am not aware of free resource, some attorneys may offer a free consultation and may take your case with payment when the funds are collected.
Q. I have 2 properties side by side each with a parcel Number. Can I sell as one? will the parcels retain their P numbers
A: If each property has its own parcel number, yes, you can sell them together to one buyer, but they will retain their original parcel numbers. You will need to pay closing costs on both properties. To find out about possible capital gains, you should consult a CPA and they can advise you according to the facts of your particular situation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Marine View Law & Escrow PLLC
22021 7th Avenue S, Ste 6
Des Moines, WA 98198
Telephone: (206) 878-8777
Cell: (206) 592-2120
Monday: 7 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 7 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 7 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 7 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 7 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Calls answered 24-7, free consultations, weekend appointments available.