Free Consultation: (815) 562-4443Tap to Call This Lawyer
James G. Ahlberg

James G. Ahlberg

  • Family Law, Divorce, Workers' Compensation...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Social Security Disability
  • Real Estate Law
  • Employment Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations in Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability and Legal Malpractice cases
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees in Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
University of Illinois College of Law
J.D. (1978)
North Park University
B.A. (1974) | Political Science
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar # 3122250
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
537 Questions Answered

Q. Can the state force you to partake in child support. When both parents had agreed on voluntary child support agreement.
A: Yes, they can.
Q. Can I get a restraining order for harassment/stalking against Mother?
A: While I don't necessarily disagree with Mr. Ooink, consider a Stalking-No contact Order instead. Either order should achieve the result you seek, though you may need to enforce either order by asking that your mother be held in contempt of court.
Q. What are my rights and options?
A: I encourage you to make an appointment with a lawyer to discuss your options since there are so many variables. For example, if the former owner of your home gave permission to put the fence on your side of the line, you can revoke the permission and demand that it be removed, but if the neighbor thinks it's on his land you need to establish exactly where the fence is in relation to the boundary with a current survey to determine your rights. As to the flow of water, that depends to largely on the lay of the land, that is, if neither his home nor his garage were there, where would the rainwater falling on his lot flow? If it would naturally flow onto your yard it becomes harder to argue that you can create a barrier to block it. These and other variables should be discussed with an attorney.
Q. My landlord gave my roommate and I an option to break our lease, I can’t accept. Can she evict me?
A: She shouldn't be able to evict you if you are not in violation of the lease, at least until the lease period ends. If your roommate accepts the option, you may find that the landlord wants to collect the full rent from you, however, unless the lease specifically provides that each tenant is responsible only for his or her share of the rent.
Q. Hello, I'm a young student at college looking to transfer to law schools. In this matter, what should I be looking for?
A: This is way too broad an inquiry to be addressed in this forum. Talk to you college counselor; better yet, if you know an attorney, see if he or she will take time to talk about these subjects with you. Most will be willing to do so, I suspect, but the task of writing a comprehensive reply to your questions would take considerably longer -- time that most of us don't have to spare.
Q. I am a legal guardian for my grandson I need to know how to go about getting visits with his mom supervised
A: If there is court-ordered visitation, you must go back to court and ask for an order that visitation be supervised. You'll need to prove why it is necessary.
Q. Is a landlord required to return a full deposit if a lease was not signed and he changed his mind?
A: Yes, provided the tenant never occupied the property.
Q. How csn you get child support and back child support waived
A: You typically can't, unless you can prove you're not a parent of the child (either biological or adoptive).
Q. Can an employers work comp insurance deny a surgery due to a previous work comp injury from another job 6 years ago?
A: They can try to deny the surgery, they are not likely to succeed. If you don't have a lawyer, get one ASAP to fight this for you.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
James G. Ahlberg, Attorney at Law
501 6th Avenue
P.O. Box 358
Rochelle, IL 61068
Telephone: (815) 562-4443