Free Consultation: (214) 302-8197Tap to Call This Lawyer
Isaac Shutt

Isaac Shutt

Dallas, Texas wills, estate, probate, fiduciary litigation attorney
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Attorney Isaac Shutt focuses his law practice on Wills, Legal Trust creation, Probate Law, and help with Estates, primarily in Dallas County and Collin County Texas. He is passionate about assisting families with the necessary legal process to distribute property after the death of a family member. Mr. Shutt genuinely cares for every client and strives to make Wills, Probate, and Estate Administration as affordable and simple as possible.

Mr. Shutt’s Qualifications And Memberships:
Isaac Shutt is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.

Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, juris doctor, Cum Laude
Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude
Member, State Bar of Texas
Member, State Bar of Texas – Real Estate, Probate & Trusts Law Section
Member, The College of the State Bar of Texas
Member, Collin County Bar Association
President-Elect, Probate Section, Collin County Bar Association
Attorney ad litem appointment list in Dallas County and Collin County Probate Courts
Past President, Richardson Community Band
Concert Chair / Vice-President, Richardson Community Band
Member, Richardson Chamber of Commerce
Member, Richardson Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Richardson Alumni Association
Member, Murphy Chamber of Commerce
Personal Details About Mr. Shutt:
Mr. Shutt is a Christian and part of the community of Dallas Bible Church.

Outside of the law practice, Isaac enjoys spending time with his wife, Jessica, and his three young sons, Dean, Vaughn and Duke. Isaac is also Vice-President of the Richardson Community Band. Other interests include woodworking, motorcycle riding, working on cars, traveling, and sports (especially the SMU Mustangs). Click here to read more about Mr. Shutt’s hobbies.

Mr. Shutt was raised in Wichita, Kansas. He attended Southern Methodist University for both undergraduate and law degrees.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Fiduciary Litigation
  • Guardianship
  • Power of Attorney
  • Wills
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Shutt Law Firm uses Flat-Rate Attorney Fees for many Probate Cases and for Wills
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24071203
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Southern Methodist University
Southern Methodist University Logo
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar College
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collin County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Top Troubles with “DIY” Wills
Headnotes (Dallas Bar)
Speaking Engagements
Panelist , North Texas Probate Bench Bar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
42 Questions Answered

Q. I would like to have her removed from fiduciary duties
A: Our law office has a letter we send that requests an accounting. Under Texas Law, if you don't receive a satisfactory response within the allotted time, then the judge can order that that all of the assets be distributed and/or order that the executor be removed.
Q. My husband needs help getting access to his dead father's bank accounts.
A: I can imagine that there could be one of two problems: First, it could be that the bank requires "letters testamentary" or a "small estate affidavit." These can be required by the bank, and you can only get them by going to probate court. If your father in law had a will, you'll need to get a local probate attorney to handle probating the will for you. The good news is that Collin County is known for being one of the easiest and least expensive in the state for probate. Second, it could be that the bankers don't know what they're talking about. This is actually all too common! Sometimes it's better to try a different branch. Worst case, a lawyer letter may get it done.
Q. My husband died 16 years ago. A vacant lot paid for is in both our names. Our home still being paid for is also in both
A: In your questions, you state there was no will. So, you have two options. If you're going to hang on to the properties, the cheaper option is called an "affidavit of heirship." If you want to sell within the next five years or so, it might be better to do the title transfer the normal way, which is called a "determination of heirship." This second option is more ironclad, but you do have to have an attorney help you.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Shutt Law Firm, PLLC
522 Bishop
Richardson, TX 75081
Telephone: (214) 302-8197
Fax: (214) 382-9437
Monday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed