Giselle M. Rodriguez

Giselle M. Rodriguez

Law Offices of Giselle M. Rodriguez
  • Immigration Law
  • Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I pride myself in providing an honest and compassionate service to everyone who seeks immigration representation. I graduated from Regis College with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Criminal Justice. I then earned my Juris Doctor from Massachusetts School of Law.

I was born in Boston, Massachusetts. My passion for immigration law is traced to my parent’s former positions in politics and their constant commitment to the city of Boston’s immigrant communities. Another major reason for my love for immigration was my father’s heroic fled from Cuba to the United States – I compare his resilience to the resilience exemplified by the immigrant communities in Massachusetts. I knew from a very young age that I too would serve the immigrant communities with the same love and compassion.

I have served as an AmeriCorps at the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition, one of the leading immigration non-profit organizations in Massachusetts. During my last year of law school, I interned at the Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinic, where I first-chaired an asylum case as a student-attorney in immigration court, which resulted in a pathway to citizenship for the client.

I am admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and I am a member of the Boston Bar Association, Women’s Bar Association, and the Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys.

I am always at your reach and committed to all your immigration needs.

Practice Area
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Giselle M. Rodriguez
Massachusetts School of Law
J.D. (2020)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Massachusetts
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts Women's Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Boston Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Giselle M. Rodriguez
Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinic
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered
Q. Is there a way to get a work permit without leaving the US if I entered with a tourist visa?
A: Good Morning: Is the person you fell in love with in the United States a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder)? As long as you had the intention of returning to your country of origin during your recent entry into the U.S. with the tourist visa you may consider the following: If the person you fell in love with is a U.S. Citizen or LPR, and perhaps there have been conversations of marriage between you both, there is a marriage-immigration process called 'adjustment of status.' With this process, you can apply for work authorization while the adjustment of status process is pending. Another way to get work authorization is through the employer sponsorship process if some requirements are met. I recommend that you speak with an attorney to go over the process and your options more in-depth. Good luck! GR
Q. Can your tourist visa be taken away if you stay 4 months in the United States?
A: Good Afternoon: This depends on your individual circumstances and on your immigration history. In general, the period of authorized stay in the United States on a tourist visa is 6 months, but always verify the actual stamp on your passport because it is there where you will be able to see your exact period of authorized stay. As usual, I recommend that you speak to an attorney if you have concerns about your current situation. Hope this helps! Giselle Rodriguez
Q. My sister i-130 priority date is 10/18/2011. Can a lawyer help to find out the case status? Thank you!
A: Hi - thank you for your question. The case status would depend on who petitioned for your sister and the country. The below links might be helpful for you: 1. 2. Hope this helps! Giselle R.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Giselle M. Rodriguez, PLLC
800 Boylston
16th Floor
Boston, MA 02199
Telephone: (617) 410-3760
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 2 PM
Sunday: 8 AM - 4 PM (Today)