Ismail Mohammed founded The Law Office of Ismail Mohammed in 2004 to offer legal services in the field of criminal defense and immigration in Boston, Massachusetts having earned his Juris Doctor degree from Massachusetts School of Law at Andover in 2000. It was from there that he became a bar advocate with the Middlesex Defense attorneys since 2005 representing mainly indigent clients. At the Law Office of Ismail Mohammed, we are passionate about representing all clients in criminal defense and immigration cases. We help families, individuals and companies with visa applications, green card applications, citizenship/naturalization and cancellation from deportation/removal enabling them to realize their American dream. As a fellow immigrant, Attorney Mohammed takes pride in assisting families to stay together. There is nothing better for me than to see an immigrant client realizing their American dream has come true. Passion and commitment to excellence in representing clients in criminal defense and immigration matters has seen Attorney Mohammed being recognized by the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) as one of the top 100 criminal defense attorneys in Massachusetts. Attorney Mohammed is also one of the top rated lawyers in avvo.com, with an 8.9/10 (excellent) rating due to his performance in criminal defense cases. Honesty, transparency and passion to see families sticking together drives Attorney Mohammed to offer exceptional legal services to all clients; many of the cases dealt with are indigent clients who cannot afford to have private counsel. At The Law Office of Ismail Mohammed, we always offer the same level of care and attention to all clients, we even go the extra mile to ensure that your family sticks together as you realize your American dream. Contact us today for more details on who we are and what we can do for you today.
- Immigration Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Contingent Fees
- Amharic: Spoken
- Law Office of Ismail Mohammed
- - Current
- Indigent Bar Advocate
- Committee for Public Counsel Services
- Massachusetts School of Law
- J.D. (2000)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. (1994) | Finance
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
- Top 100 Attorney in Massachusetts
- National Trial Lawyers
- Boston Immigration and Criminal Law
- My WordPress Site
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules Immigration Law As Vague
21 April 2018
- Latest Immigration and Criminal Law Cases
20 April 2018
- New Report: In Sanctuary Counties, Crime is Significantly Lower and Economies are Stronger Than in Comparable Nonsanctuary Ones
26 January 2017
- Democrats Unveil Their Immigration Platform
26 July 2016
- DAPA and DACA
5 May 2016
- Q. How to clear warrant for not finishing community service. Grandson went to Recovery America for substance abuse.
- A: Hello, First let me command him for getting sober and maintaining it. In order to remove a default warrant, he would need to physically be here and go to court to remove it. If he's able to show that he attended a program and is maintaining his sobriety, it is unlikely that the court will hold him in custody for not showing up to court. All the best, Ismail Mohammed, Esq.
- Q. Question about getting a ticket for Operation to endanger in M.A
- A: You will be summonsed to appear in court. Hopefully it will be for a clerk magistrates hearing. If it is, then with the assistance of an attorney, you may be able to have the case dismissed before. A clerk magistrates hearing will determine if there is probable cause to charge you with a crime. If it bypasses a clerk magistrate hearing, you will be summonsed to appear in front of judge at which point you will be formally charged with a committing a crime. Again, with the help of an attorney, the district attorney may dismiss the charges prior to arraignment. Get an attorney before doing anything. Best of luck with everything.
- Q. My boyfriend is in jail because my cousin said he beat me but i never said that happened its her word against mine
- A: Were there any other witnesses? You can also testify that this never happened. Consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
- Q. I'm a green card holder, my wife is a F1 student in US. We married BEFORE I got GC, so can we file I-485 for her GC?
- A: Good afternoon, Thank you for reaching out to me and I am happy to assist you. If you are a permanent resident, you call file for an adjustment of status for your wife. Please consult with an immigration attorney before you do. Ismail Mohammed
- Q. Can I be arrested at court?
- A: Hello, You will be formally charged with assault and battery on a family member. If you don't have a record, you should be released on personal. Plus, don't make admissions online.
- Q. what is a dibenedetto motion? and can I file this prior to an arraignment?
- A: Hello, A debenetto motion is usually filed later on the case, where there is no probable cause for a criminal charge. Your case is probably a triable issue for a jury to decide. Ismail Mohammed
- Q. I'd like to know in your professional opionion what I should do with a criminal case in Maryland.
- A: Good afternoon, If the possession is for under an ounce of marijuana, the case should be dismissed. I would suggest you call an attorney in Massachusetts. You will have to appear in court to get the default removed and hopefully have the case dismissed the same day. You will not be able to renew your license, if it's a MA license if you still have a warrant. Ismail Mohammed, Esq.
- Q. Can you be charged with a DUI if you're stopped by police and it's discovered you were smoking marijuana, or do DUIs
- A: You can be charged with an OUI drugs for smoking marijuana. The officer should have had a drug recognition expert conduct some tests to determine if you were under the influence. Speak with a criminal defense attorney.
- Q. A drug Warent was issued for 64
- A: Your attorney should look at the warrant. If it's defective because of the address issue then there might be a motion to dismiss or suppress.