Free Consultation: (714) 663-8000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Genene N. Dunn

Genene N. Dunn

Partner at HUNSBERGER DUNN LLP, Serving Orange County for Over 30 Years!
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Genene N. Dunn is a estate planning and probate attorney who has been working with estate and probate matters since 2010. She is a Partner at HUNSBERGER DUNN LLP, which has been serving Orange County for over 30 years. Genene's practice areas include Estate Planning, Probate, Trust Administration, Wills, Business Planning, Guardianships, Conservatorships, and Trust Disputes. At HUNSBERGER DUNN LLP, she handles estates with values as low as $50,000 to those as high as $130 million.

Genuine received her J.D. from Whittier Law School in 2014. She is a member of the Orange County Bar Association, Orange County Women Lawyers Association, and State Bar of California, Trusts & Estates Section.

"There is no client too small or too large for our firm, and all clients are treated equally no matter the value of their estate. I help guide families through difficult court processes while keeping harmony among the members."

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent fees allowed on large litigation cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Hunsberger Dunn LLP
- Current
Whittier Law School
J.D. (2014)
Whittier Law School Logo
Professional Associations
Villa Park Rotary Club
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Continually involved with the bar association and attend several MCLE courses throughout the year to stay up to date on current laws and trends in the trust and estate area of the law
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Women Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Genene Dunn's Website Profile
Hunsberger Law Articles
Legal Answers
58 Questions Answered

Q. There are two executors for my family's estate, one of them is dragging the situation.
A: The beneficiaries are absolutely entitled to an accounting. If the executor is not giving information on funds you can demand an accounting and if one is not presented or if the trustee is causing the administration to stall then a beneficiary or cotrustee can petition the court to remove the trustee.
Q. Hello my brother just past away. It was just me and him as children of our parents
A: You will have to petition to take over your parents' estate. Then their estate will distribute your brother's share to his estate since he survived his parents. The there would have to be a probate for your brother's estate that would go to his children assuming he was not married.
Q. How can my mother can remove her husband as executor for her individual trust and designate me instead?
A: It depends on if it is just her trust or her trust and his trust. If it is their trust together then they probably need to do an amendment if they have the capacity to do so. Also, they can just sign a resignation of trustee if they have the capacity to do so. If they do not have capacity, then you should be able to get a letter of incapacity for both of them and if you are next successor it would go to you.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
14751 Plaza Drive
Suite G
Tustin, CA 92780
Telephone: (714) 663-8000