An experienced trial attorney, primarily focused on criminal defense, child custody, divorce, real estate and business matters. My client selection criteria are based on merits as opposed to finances. I believe that, in decades past, citizens had greater access to representation in the courts, but that, due to changes in the profession and the economy, access to justice has become a problem for many. I try to address that problem by keeping my practice small, focused, selective, and project-based instead of volume-based. It works very well. I have also learned that maintaining credibility inside and outside the courtroom is not only important for my career (as it has always been, and thankfully it has been maintained)--more importantly, this core ethic is the cornerstone in my ability to serve my clients and the system of justice--both of which I am dedicated to, ardently so. For me, it serves no purpose to practice law as a "business," as so many have tried to do in recent decades. We are a service profession of the highest order, and we owe it to our society to steadfastly remain so. And successful results do not happen within a vacuum. Each case is different, and difficult cases often require tapping into information resources and technical experts. I work with many highly qualified professionals and resources to gain the information and expert assistance necessary to tackle tough problems. My core ethic in achieving the good in a client's case involves (a) finding the client's truth; (b) congregating the right resources to advance that truth; and (c) deploying credibility, appropriate diplomacy, and zealous advocacy to manifest the client's truth into success ("to win"). I work with others to turn a battlefield into a team for my client. What does this mean? It means that my experience, personality, education, contacts, and information are to become my client's assets. They have served my clients well thus far, and I pray they always do.
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Real Estate Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Free Consultation
Free 1/2 hour initial telephone or office consultation.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat Fees are offered on a case by case basis, to structure each phase of the case with a specific fee for each scope of work. Discounted hourly rate billing is also offered on case by case bases for clients with financial hardship. Fee structures are geared to afford the client access to the legal services within an affordable range, while at the same time ensuring that the case is adequately funded to accomplish the needed work.
- Principal Attorney
- The Law Office of Eric R. Little
- - Current
- Attentive to your story. Aggressive about your rights. Unafraid to take your case to court. Honest about your chances. Experienced in winning strategies. And willing to work within your budget. You are looking for an honest lawyer who will take your side, shoot straight, and follow through -- And you have come to the right place. I have over fifteen years experience in Family Law, Criminal Defense, Real Estate and other areas of law. I make it my calling to identify problems, find solutions and bring integrity, credibility and passion to your cause. With over 15 years experience in trial law and litigation, I have tried numerous cases to verdict with a highly successful track record. Focusing primarily on Criminal Defense, Divorce and Custody, and Real Estate Litigation, I apply an in-depth and detailed approach to each client's case, combining thorough investigation, research, and evaluation of the client's particular situation in order to formulate the winning strategy. In complex and high-stakes cases, I prefer to deploy technology, qualified experts, and in-depth legal analysis to build your case. In the courtroom, I apply diplomacy, credibility, tenacity and courage to advocate your cause. I am also sensitive to the client's financial circumstances. In recent decades, legal market conditions have made it harder for the average person to afford competent and diligent legal representation. I believe that, while many cases may be successfully resolved out of court through creative solutions, a client should not be denied the option of going to trial due to excessive legal fees. Therefore, I try to make every attempt to craft fee structures that are affordable based on the client's financial situation. Although not every client's goals can be accomplished within the client's available budget, I strive to ensure that sound legal counsel and advocacy are provided to clients with meritorious claims, defenses, and legal goals.
- Litigation Associate
- Goodall & Davison, P.C.
- Provided litigation representation to clients in the areas of construction law, collections, landlord-tenant, real estate, and commercial law.
- Contract Attorney
- The Law Office of Hubert Bell, Jr.
- Provided legal services to small and minority owned businesses participating in the City of Austin Small and Minority Owned Business Program, in furtherance of City and Federal incentive programming for government contractors. Assisted participants with collections, perfecting of lien rights, bond claims, entity formation, and general counsel services. Taught classes to contractors and business owners on business law, corporate law, contracts and collections. Liaised with state and local agencies on behalf of program. Testified in state legislative committee hearings regarding pending legislation of interest to program participants.
- University of Texas - Austin
- J.D | Law
- Cornell University
- B.A | Government
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Proverbs for Courthouse Litigants
- Field Notes
- Field Notes
- …On “Truthiness” in the Courtroom…
24 March 2012
- Proverbs for Courthouse Litigants
11 August 2010
- An Interesting Application of the Confrontation Clause Under Crawford v. Washington
24 March 2010
- 2009 Texas Legislative Update!
5 October 2009