Free Consultation: (888) 343-4529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Rahlita D. Thornton

Rahlita D. Thornton

Thornton Esquire Law Group
  • Personal Injury, Divorce, Insurance Claims...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton has been committed to personal attention to clients for almost 30 years dealing with Accidents, Car Accidents, Injury or Wrongful Death. The main goal is to obtain maximum compensation after a personal injury occurs. Free consultations 888-343-4529. Car Accidents, 18 wheeler truck accidents, personal injury law, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, commercial vehicle accidents, distracted driving accidents, drunk driving accidents, fatality accidents involving catastrophic injuries are among those handled. Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton’s success as a personal injury accident lawyer comes from experience and her analytical skills.

If you have been injured in an accident, you are likely facing many medical bills, treatment needs, emotions, and obstacles. Your physical impairments as result of your accident are likely a struggle after your accident. We are here to help. This accident lawyer is directly involved and can be reached to speak to by phone by her valued clients.

Family values are also very important to Houston Family Lawyer Attorney Rahlita D. Thornton. This Houston Family Lawyer handles cases in most surrounding counties in adoptions, divorces cases, family law issues, custody actions, child support, child custody, modification of child support, modifications of visitation, and or contempt actions when visitation orders are being violated. She is always looking out for the kids. She says often “I love the kids” and that it is always about what is best for them, then courts use the phrase “best interests of the child” as a standard. This should always be taken into consideration. 888-343-4529.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Divorce
  • Insurance Claims
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Accidents
  • Car Accidents
  • Truck Accidents
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Bicycle Accident
  • Wrongful Death
  • Accident Lawyer
  • Adoptions
  • Custody Disputes
  • Visitation Disputes
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Accidental Injuries
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Can retain and sign contract electronically. No need for in office appointment.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Thornton Esquire Law Group
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. | Law
Texas Southern University
B.B.A. | Accounting
Honors: Cum Laude; Beta Alpha Psi Honor Fraternity; Iota Phi Lambda Business Sorority
United States Achievement Award
Insurance Law
American Jurisprudence Award
American Jurisprudence Award
Torts (Negligence)
American Jurisprudence Award
Professional Associations
Iota Phi Lambda
Fort Bend Lawyers Association
- Current
Texas State Bar # 19979500
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Rahlita D. Thornton's Website Profile
Thornton Esquire Law Group Website
Legal Answers
241 Questions Answered

Q. Can we get a divorce in Texas and stay in different parts of the house .? It’s to expensive to set up a second househol
A: Yes you can file if you have plans to move to separate and their is no reasonable expectation of you ever reconciling because of your differences.
Q. I’m being sued for back child support. I reconciled with my ex and we were common law spouses. We lived together.
A: You should defend yourself considering these facts. Possible offsets for child support.
Q. How to stop a childsuport increase
A: Gathering all of your evidence about your current income and how it has changed from the intial determination is where you should start. If it has changed substantially then you probably won't be able to stop any increases. In case you have had another child since the initial order be sure to include that in your proof as well. Good luck! 888-343-4529.
Q. Can I get my rights back even though my daughter has been legally adopted for 15 years & I have raised her for 15 years.
A: You only mention that you relinquished your rights. Is it possible that your daughter was not formally "adopted"? If not, then you may have parental rights as they may not have even filed any documentation with the court. If they have formally adopted her then that will be a harder road to travel. You are treated as if you have no legal ties (not even as a biological parent) at that point. You would have a harder road to climb if so. With it being only 3 years until she is an adult it may not be worth all of the hassle to pursue any action at this point. Hoping that it all works out for you and your family. Good luck. 888-343-4529 #1 if you need further assistance.
Q. Is refusing to comply with some divorce decree provisions cause to appeal the decree? Is J of P court an alternative?
A: You need to file for an enforcement action but only after you have a clear understanding of those provisions set out in the order. Let us know if we can help. 888-343-4529.
Q. Can Georgia peace officers enforce a TX visitation order?
A: Judges issue orders for enforcement. Police officers just follow directions from judges. Not sure of all your facts. All I can say is that if you are under any order of a court that it should be followed or modified if is no longer working.
Q. I live in Texas with my kids, my kids father filed an allocation of rights from colorado, how do i respond?
A: It will depend on when the children were moved and when the actual filing was made. Consult a Colorado attorney if case is pending there to respond. In general, the jurisidiction of the court is the one where the child has resided 6 months prior to the filing. After discussing this with a Colorado attorney, if you still need assistance then please reach out to us. 888-343-4529.
Q. My partner filed for divorce but refused to follow through. Now i want the divorce. Do i have to start all over again.
A: You can still pursue the divorce if you have pleadings on file yourself. It is unlikely that you filed the appropriate paperwork. Since you have a lot going on then I would suggest that you retain an attorney to finalize the case for you. We can assist you if you desire. 888-343-4529
Q. Can the final divorce decree be reversed in Texas if both parties want to reconcile?
A: You’ll have to get married again. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Thornton Esquire Law Group
Houston Office
3730 Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77098
Toll-Free: (888) 343-4529
Telephone: (713) 401-3998
Thornton Esquire Law Group
Sugar Land Office
By Appointment Only
2245 Texas Dr
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Toll-Free: (888) 343-4529
Telephone: (713) 401-3998