Free Consultation: (303) 688-0944Tap to Call This Lawyer
Donald C Eby

Donald C Eby

Robinson and Henry
  • Business Law, Collections, Landlord Tenant...
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Donald "Corky" Eby is a Robinson and Henry superstar and leader of the firm's real estate practice. He helps clients solve problems relating to real estate, including commercial and residential acquisition, financing, development, leases, foreclosure, landlord tenant, eviction, contract issues, HOA disputes, Realtor representation, zoning and other land use issues. He also represents Colorado veterans on issues such as VA disability ratings, combat related special compensation, discharge review, and other Veterans Administration claims. Additionally, he handles business and commercial law issues including acquisitions and mergers, joint ventures and entity formation, collections, franchises, contract issues, and general corporate counsel.

Prior to joining our firm Donald served in the US Navy where he was assigned to aviation squadrons, aircraft carriers, the Naval Discharge Review Board, and other special assignments. During his military career he was deployed to Iraq, Kuwait, the Red Sea, Persian Gulf, Mediterranean, and Adriatic Sea. He also, has owned and operated a real estate company for over ten years where he has personally bought and sold dozens of homes and dealt with hundreds of tenant issues ranging from broken leases, to property repairs, and evictions. His unique background gives him an exceptional perspective on the issues faced by todays business owners, landlords, and veterans.

Oklahoma State University, Bachelor of Science
University of Denver, Juris Doctor
Colorado Bar Association CLE, Colorado Real Estate Practice Course

Scholastic Excellence Award - Trial Practice
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Corporate Apprentice of the Year


Castle Rock Board of Adjustments
Colorado Real Estate Investors
NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development - Legislative Affairs Committee
MOAA - Military Officers Association of America
Navy League
Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans
Mr. Eby regularly speaks to groups who are concerned about legal issues

American Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association - Real Estate and Natural Resources Sections
Douglas Elbert County Bar Association - LinkedIn Group manager

Contact Donald by email or schedule and appointment by calling 303-688-0944.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Collections
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Military Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
    Initial consultation is always free
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Retainer agreements and some flat fee relationships.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Professional Experience
Robinson and Henry
- Current
At R&H my team attorneys handle litigation of cases on behalf of our clients all along the front range. We represent builders, buyers, sellers, contractors, business owners, creditors, and debtors.
University of Denver
Juris Doctorate
Honors: Trial Practice and Corporate Apprentice of the Year
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyer Raising Star
AVVO 2013 Client's Choice Award
Multiple client recommendations on Avvo within the year of 2013
Professional Associations
Colorado Bar Assoc
- Current
Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans
- Current
Activities: Assist Colorado Veterans with legal issues.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
199 Questions Answered

Q. land in colorado and the original land owner will not grant them easement therefore it is usele
A: If your property is landlocked you should contact an attorney to help you force the granting of an access easement.
Q. former PM let tenant do much damage. Can my new PM sue the former tenant?t
A: Your Property Manager cannot represent you in Court. But, you could bring the case against your former tenant. Or you can hire an attorney to bring that case.
Q. Initial lease had 2 individuals on it. One party wants to exit the lease agreement and both parties are in agreement.
A: You can ask and you can entice. But, you cannot force a LL to terminate the lease early and enter into a new lease. The contract is for the protection of both parties against one of the parties who does not wish to preform. The lease does not create an obligation on all tenants to live in the property but it does create an obligation on all tenants to ensure the lease payment is delivered each month. As such, if the lease is not delivered the LL can bring a lawsuit against each tenant for his damages, this is the reason your LL is unlikely to be willing to release one of the tenants early from his obligation to make payment. Hope that helps.
Q. My homeowner's association has posted signage prohibiting open carry in the building I live at.
A: A lawsuit it one option. Another is to have an attorney draft a letter on your behalf outlining the issue and why the HOA will ultimately lose the lawsuit if your are forced to file it. This letter would likely be a faster and less costly method to achieve the desired result.
Q. If your landlord is terminating your lease prior rental is that okay?
A: If you have not breached the current lease you have a strong defense to an eviction if LL attempts to have you evicted by the Court system. I recommend that you retain an attorney to assist you if you receive a Summons and Complaint from your Landlord.
Q. Can a city in Colorado install a Acqueduct that sends water over privately owned land and not into the city drain?
A: You may have a "Takings" claim against the city. I recommend that you contact a Land Use Attorney to review the facts, your rights, remedies, and process.
Q. My landlord rented out the property to new tenant, without evicting me, he let strangers in my home without notice
A: If you have a valid lease your Landlord does not have the right to lease it to someone else during your tenancy. Have you called the police to have the new tenants removed? You should consider bringing a lawsuit against your landlord contending that he has breached your lease and thus caused you damages. If you have not booked a consultation to discuss the facts and review your lease you should do so immediately. This consultation will help you to understand your rights and remedies as well as risks and costs.
Q. I am being charged for carpet replacement taken out of my deposit. My lease wasn't renewed because of remodeling?
A: You may have some legal rights depending upon the age of the carpet when you moved in and when you moved out. Generally, carpet is considered to have a 7-year useful life. You may consider bringing a case in Small Claims Court.
Q. do I have case if I bought house didn't get to do a inspection walk . due to limit time on the loan. problems now
A: If the seller did not disclose a known latent material defect, and you can prove he knew and thus defrauded you then yes you have a case. You can see that this is a somewhat technical analysis. I recommend that you contact an attorney to discuss the facts and your proof so that you can make an informed decision about proceeding or not with a lawsuit against the seller. The good new is that if you win you may be able to collect 3X damages + attorney fees.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Robinson and Henry
900 Castleton Rd.
Ste. 200
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Telephone: (303) 688-0944