Free Consultation: (770) 444-3399Tap to Call This Lawyer
Diane Cherry

Diane Cherry

The Cherry Law Firm, P.C.
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Our objective is to set a new standard for quality, affordable legal services, by extending an exceptional level of experience, personal attention and timeliness, at a price that cannot be matched by large or specialized boutique firms.

We refer to this as "The Cherry Law Firm Difference," and it is our duty to ensure that our clientele experience and benefit from our pledge to quality assurance, without compromise based on compensation.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free Initial Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All Major Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat Fee and Payment Plans Available
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Founding Partner
The Cherry Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
Swanson & Cherry LLP
Temple University
J.D. | Law
Honors: Moot Court Honor Society
Temple University Logo
New York University
B.A. | Urban Studies
Honors: Distinguished Honors Graduate
New York University Logo
University of Vermont
Urban Studies
University of Vermont Logo
Certification fo Appreciation
Cobb Superior Judges and Cobb County Bar Association
Certificate of Appreciation for Volunteering for the Cobb County Family Law Workshop
Cobb Library Foundation
President 2010-2012
Professional Associations
Center for Collaborative Law - Georgia
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Cobb Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
County County Superior Court
Guardian ad Litem
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Cobb County Superior Court
Special Master
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Georgia Bar Association
Family Law and Crminal Defense Section Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
The Cherry Law Firm, P.C.
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. How do i find if i am divorced in dekalb county
A: Contact the Superior Court Clerk's office at (404) 371-4901 and ask them to look up your case. You can also stop by the Courthouse in person at 556 N Mcdonough St # 410, Decatur, Georgia.
Q. According to our divorce decree my former husband is responsible for pay for our son's college education. what can I do?
A: If your ex is not paying for your son's college education as required under your Divorce Decree, you need to file a Motion for Contempt to enforce the Divorce Decree. If you hire an attorney to file the Motion for Contempt, you should also ask that the Court require your ex to pay your attorneys fees.
Q. On my divorce my ex was ordered to pay alimony but he is 5 months behind..what can I do for him to pay me on time.
A: If your ex is not paying you alimony as agreed, you need to file a Motion for Contempt with the Court to enforce the agreement. If you retain an attorney to file a Motion for Contempt, you should ask the Court to require your ex to pay your attorneys fees as well.
Q. How do I request a final hearing for an uncontested divorce in GA
A: To request a Final Hearing in an uncontested case, you simply call the Clerk's office and ask to be added to the next Uncontested Hearing Calendar.
Q. How do you verify a complaint for a divorce after the papers have been filed?
A: A separate signed Verification of Complaint can be filed with the Court at anytime.
Q. My husband file for divorce in Georgia and neither of us have lived in Ga six month is divorce legal
A: In Georgia, you must reside in the state six months before you can be divorced. The Judge will not allow you to be divorced if you do not meet the six month residency requirement.
Q. How long do you have to be married before you can collect spose support in Ga?
A: There is no specific time period that you need to be married to qualify for support. Anyone who has been married for fifteen years can certainly get spousal support or alimony if they have the need and the other spouse has the ability to pay. A rough guideline if you meet the "needs/ability" test is spousal support should last approximately one-third of the length of the marriage. In your case, that could mean five years of spousal support.
Q. I am married but we are seperated but not legaly is there any way to still get custody untill we file for divorce?
A: You have the right to Petition the Court to establish custody and child support at anytime. You do not need to be legally separated or divorced to get a custody order.
Q. My ex-wife and got our divorce in Fayette County GA in 2009,all parties have now re-located to Texas. Who has jurisdicti
A: In Georgia, you have to reside in the state for six months before you can file for divorce. Since you have been living in Texas since 2009, you would need to get your divorce in Texas.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Cherry Law Firm PC - Main Office
248 Washington Avenue NE
Marietta, GA 30060
Telephone: (770) 444-3399
Fax: (770) 444-3376