Free Consultation: (949) 494-7011Tap to Call This Lawyer
Diane C. Bass

Diane C. Bass

Diane C. Bass
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Diane C. Bass practices exclusively Criminal Defense in State and Federal court. She has extensive experience handling all sorts of cases. She has obtained extraordinary results for her clients including many not guilty verdicts and countless dismissals.

Ms. Bass is a passionate advocate for her clients. She is compassionate and has an excellent reputation in the legal community with prosecutors and judges.

If you are facing criminal charges call the Law Office of Diane C. Bass today for your free initial consultation.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
Additional Practice Areas
  • Federal Criminal Defense
  • Fraud Defense
  • White Collar Crime Defense
  • Drug Crimes
  • Sex Crimes
  • Theft Crimes
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Attorney at Law
Law Office of Diane C. Bass
- Current
Diane Bass is a criminal defense attorney in state and federal court. Ms. Bass handles white collar criminal cases, fraud, theft, domestic violence, narcotics, sex crimes, and every type of criminal case.
Diane C. Bass
- Current
Southwestern University School of Law
Honors: Dean's Honor List, Dean's Scholar
Southwestern University School of Law Logo
University of California - Irvine
Honors: Dean's Honor List
University of California - Irvine Logo
Professional Associations
Federal Bar Association Orange County
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Women Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Orange County Bar Association
Former President
Placeholder image for professional associations.
William P. Gray Lex Legion Inn of Court
Board Member
- Current
Activities: Membership committee, Mock Trial participant
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar # 155670
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
How Social Media Can be Used Against Your Client, Raddison Hotel, Newport Beach, Ca
Orange County Paralegals Association
What every criminal defense attorney needs to know about federal sentencing, Raddison Hotel, Newport Beach, Ca
Newport Harbor Bar Association
Learning from Practice, Whittier Law School
What Every Criminal Lawyer Needs to Know about Federal Court, Elks Club, Fullerton, CA
North Orange County Bar Assocation
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. What if there was a syringe full of blood and they wouldnt test the dna
A: This is a vague question. However, you do have a right to have all evidence DNA tested. If the prosecution refueses to conduct the testing, your lawyer can have it done. The prosecution should make it avaialable to your lawyer for testing.
Q. How can I check my boyfriend case status?
A: Depending upon which county in which the case is filed, you may be able to check the status of a case online.
Q. Does a warrantless search of a person's house violate the 4th amendment when the person was lawfully arrested with a war
A: A search warrant and an arrest warrant are two completely different things. Unless there was an exception to the search warrant requirement such as consent to search, items in plain view or exigent circumstances a search warrant is required. If you believe that your 4th amendment rights have been violated you need an experienced criminal defense attorney to review your case and file the appropriate motion to supress any evidence found during that search.
Q. If I'm out on bail for second degree burglary can I be remanded in court on at my plea hearing.?
A: It is possible to be remanded into custody after a change of plea. However, an experienced criminal defense attorney can often successfully argue that you should remain out of custody so that you can turn yourself in to serve your sentence, assuming you have a sentence to serve.
Q. Even though I plead the 5th in a criminal matter, can my prior testimony in a civil matter be used against me?
A: The answer to this question depends on a couple of issues. If you incrminated yourself in the civil case on issues that are relevant to the current case, those statements can be used against you as admissions. Furthermore, your former testimony in the civil matter could potentially be used as former inconsistent statements depending upon the judge. An experienced criminal defense attorney will be able to make the necessary objections to keep these statements out.
Q. Could a passenger of a vehical be responsible for whats in it.
A: Absolutely. It depends upon where the item or items were found. If they are in the trunk and the passenger had no access to the trunk then it is likely that the passenger will not be charged. However, if the item or items are under the passenger seat or next to the center console or even in the center console or glove box, it is possible for the passenger to be charged. If you are a passenger who has been charged for something that was found in a vehicle you should contact a criminal defense attorney to discuss your possible defenses.
Q. If i see a fight involving a gang member and I'm told to testify, do I have to? I'm worried about my safety.
A: If you are served with subpoena to testify at at trial or other proceeding this is a court order. If you fail to obey the order you will be held in comtempt and could go to jail. However, if you are simply being asked by law enforcement to testify, you can explain your concerns and there is a good possibilty that they will not force you to testify. Often times, esepcially in federal cases, the agents can offer you protection. I would suggest that you talk to the prosecutors and make sure they understand your situation. Most of the time they will understand.
Q. Female inmate's medication conditions being ignored by women's prison staff.Also being denied library access after gett
A: The answer to this question depends upon where the inmate is housed. Generally inmates can submit what they call "snivel" sheets to the guards when they need medical attention. If the inmate has submitted snivels which have been ignored the inmate should have their lawyer ask the court to issue an order.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
100 Spectrum Center Drive
Suite 520
Irvine, CA 92618
Telephone: (949) 494-7011