Pat McCullough is a nationally recognized trial attorney, concentrating his expertise in the areas of personal injury and family law. He founded the law firm in 1971 after being admitted to the state and federal courts of Minnesota. Pat has attained Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating of A/V (very high to preeminent), which ranks attorneys based on experience, ability, and ethics.
Pat is a member of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers and has been named a Minnesota Super Lawyer by Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine, Minnesota Business Monthly, and Minnesota Law and Politics, every year since the honor began. The same magazines have listed him as one of the top 100 lawyers in Minnesota and as one of the top 40 family law lawyers in Minnesota. Since the inception of the Minnesota Supreme Court’s Continuing Legal Education Program, Pat has helped formulate the program and teach district court judges, referees, and magistrates. He is a frequent lecturer to other attorneys and is a contributing author to numerous legal publications. Pat is a Certified Civil Trial Specialist for Minnesota and on a National Level. Fewer than 3% of Minnesota lawyers attain this credential, and on the national level, the percentage of lawyers with this honor is even smaller.
- Free Consultation
Free initial consultations are provided for all personal injury cases.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- American College of Family Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Minnesota Association of Mediators
- Member & Faculty
- Judicial College Family Law Curriculum
- Minnesota Association for Justice and American Association for Justice
- Board of Directors
- Ramsey County Placement
- American Abitration Assocation
- Ethics Committee
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Laywers
- Chair of Family Law Section
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- William Mitchell College of Law
- J.D. (1971)
- Bemidji State University
- B.S. (1967) | Psychology & Sociology
- Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar # 069978
- Child Support
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Marital and Nonmarital Assets: The Law in Minnesota
- Minn. Family Law Journal, Vol. 4, No. 9, July/August, 1989
- Rule 114 Qualified Mediator
- MN Alternative Dispute Resolution
Proper Client RepresentationAdvice from a Personal Injury Lawyer.MP4
Advice from a Personal Injury LawyerSpousal Maintenance
Spousal MaintenanceSelecting a Divorce Attorney.MP4
Selecting a Divorce AttorneyAdverse i.e. ''Independent'' Medical Exams.MP4
Adverse i.e. "Independent" Medical ExamsMost Valuable Insurance = Stacking
Most Valuable Insurance = StackingNo Fault Insurance Primer
No Fault Insurance PrimerCar Crash Basics.MP4
Car Crash Basics
- Q. I have a daughter who is 19 yrs old and hast not graduated. the mother requested the court for another yr of support
- A: It depends upon what your Judgment and Decree states relative to this issue.
- Q. How can I get my support lowered as my income has decreased singnificantly.?
- A: A substantial change in financial circumstances can be a basis to change a child support obligation. I would need to know much more to give you a complete answer. You would need to bring a motion in order to lower support(unless your X agreed). You should talk with an atty to help you.
- Q. I am a Grandparent to 4 granddaughters that are in harms way with their parents. I want to file for emergency custody.
- A: I would suggest you hire a family law attorney to help you.
- Q. I left my husband we are not legally separated but he demands to see kids every other wknd do i have to send them
- A: If there is no court Order, and he is the father of the children, each of you have the right to have the children and equally each of you can "take" the children anytime each of you wants, until there is a court Order designating what days each of you have. Is he harmful to the children or is there some other reason you do not wish for him to have the children?
- Q. Can I remove/rescind my divorce petition at any time? Can the judge deny me that? Can I do it at the start of trial?
- A: The Judge cannot deny you the right to withdraw your Petition; however, I am guessing your spouse served and filed a Counter-Petition and if so she can proceed on her Counter-Petition over your objection.
- Q. Can I sue I bit into a bone from a nugget from McDonald's it broke my tooth
- A: Yes, and perhaps you will not have to sue and just settle out of court. Of course McDonalds may contest what happened and if so it is your burden to prove that is how you broke your tooth. You should consult an atty to help you.
- Q. Advised I needed probono personal injury lawyer for severe emotional abuse, how do I find
- A: You should consult with another attorney who is experienced in Personal Injury cases and he/she could then give you the correct advice as to how to proceed. Most, if not all, attorneys in these type of cases will consult with you free of charge.
- Q. I was doing a sightseeing tour of St. Paul with my friends in St. Paul when the limo driver failed to break at a
- A: It could be both. Even if the brakes were bad, the driver must have known that before he took you on as a passenger. You should contact an attorney who has experience in this area of the law for help. Generally there is no cost for a conference and generally most attorneys work on a percentage basis in these type of cases.
- Q. Will the father of my child get his modification of parenting time accepted?
- A: There are so many other facts an attorney would need to know. I suggest you contact an attorney versed in Family Law to help you.