- Family Law, Estate Planning
Chelsea Barr is a family law and estate planning attorney with a desire to help families navigate some of the most stressful and sensitive times of their lives.
Chelsea graduated magna cum laude from Minnesota State University, Mankato. During her undergraduate studies, she interned at the Domestic Violence Unit of the Niagara Falls Police Department. Chelsea earned her J.D. from the University of St. Thomas School of Law. During law school, she worked as a certified student attorney at the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office. She participated in the Immigration Appellate Clinic, representing individuals in their immigration appeals. Chelsea also served as a senior editor for the Journal of Law and Public Policy.
After graduating, Chelsea worked in the legal department of an international corporation, then clerked for a criminal judge in the Fourth Judicial District Court. As a judicial law clerk, Chelsea worked closely with the judge on sensitive legal issues in and out of the courtroom. This experience has given her a unique advantage as she has seen many cases from the Court’s perspective.
Chelsea is an active member of the Hennepin County Bar Association and Minnesota Women Lawyers.
In her spare time, Chelsea enjoys running and rollerblading around the lakes, frequenting local coffee shops, and visiting the place she grew up, Niagara Falls, New York. Chelsea completed the Twin Cities Marathon in 2017 and dreams of running the Boston Marathon.
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- University of Saint Thomas
- J.D. (2017) | Law
- Activities: During law school, Chelsea worked as a certified student attorney at the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office. She participated in the Immigration Appellate Clinic, representing individuals in their immigration appeals. Chelsea also served as a senior editor for the Journal of Law and Public Policy.
- Minnesota State College & University - Minnesota State University, Mankato
- B.S. (2013) | Gender & Woman's Studies
- State Bar of Minnesota  # 0399158
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Heimerl & Lammers Law Firm
- Partner Katie Lammers Gets Big Win in Minnesota Court of Appeals
March 15, 2023
- How to Get Financial Information from Your Spouse During a Divorce in Minnesota
March 9, 2023
- Non-Compete Agreements: A New Era
February 13, 2023