Bryan K. Streeter
- Real Estate Law, Family Law, Construction Law
I have practiced law in Virginia since 1999, and during that time I have handled many different types of civil cases. I have represented property owners (sellers and purchasers) in contract and title disputes. Both landlords and tenants have asked me to assist them with matters that range from residential lease issues and evictions to commercial property management and the special challenges that commercial landlords face.
I have represented contractors over disputes and claims for payment that range from simple to complex, including the filing of mechanics liens for contractors and subcontractors, and the Circuit Court lawsuits that are necessary to enforce those liens.
Business owners have hired me to resolve disputes with co-owners and others so that they can go about running their businesses. I also have experience representing parties in divorces and in matters concerning their children’s custody and support both in complex litigation and in settlement negotiations. My experience representing small business owners and knowledge of the special challenges they face in today’s economy gives me a valuable perspective when representing business owners who are going through a divorce.
I have guided many small business owners through the process of forming, buying and selling their businesses. I serve as Registered Agent for numerous businesses in the Central Virginia area whose owners also consider me their company lawyer for the many issues and situations that arise all the time, and have drafted leases, contracts and other documents for their wide range of personal and business purposes.
Various religious congregations have also sought out my advice and representation in matters including incorporation, seeking tax-exempt status, church trustee issues, and the purchase and sale of real estate.
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- General Civil and Business Litigation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- 4th Circuit
- George Mason University School of Law
- J.D. (1999) | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Virginia
- B.A. (1996) | Spanish and Sociology
- Activities: Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity, Madison House Volunteer, Scottsville Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Virginia State Bar  # 44578
- Law Office of Bryan K. Streeter Website