Bridgette A. Kolb joined Katz Friedman in 2014. Her practice is focused on protecting the rights of workers in Workers’ Compensation, Labor, and Employment law.
Bridgette represents clients in Workers’ Compensation and Occupational Disease cases. She is a zealous advocate who is dedicated to obtaining the compensation that injured workers and their families deserve. Bridgette has successfully represented clients with a wide variety of injuries, including injuries to the back, neck, and shoulders as well as burns, infections, and significant injuries to eyes. She has represented injured workers’ in claims against United Continental Holdings, American Airlines, Ford Motor Company, PepsiCo, DHL, Hyatt, and other employers throughout Illinois.
Bridgette represents the Firm’s labor union clients as well as individual employees in employment matters. She represents workers who have been the victim of unlawful employment practices by their employers. She has represented employees under the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”), the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), the Illinois Wage Payment and Collections Act, and in discrimination claims based on Gender, Race, Pregnancy, and Sexual Orientation as well as sexual harassment claims under Title VII and the Illinois Human Rights Act.
Bridgette practices in State and Federal courts throughout the state of Illinois, as well as before National Labor Relations Board, the Illinois Public Labor Relations Board, Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board, and the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. Bridgette has also handled labor arbitrations on behalf of the firm’s union clients.
- Workers' Compensation
- Employment Law
- Free Consultation
- National Labor Relations Board, Illinois Public Labor Relations Board, Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board, Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
- Katz, Friedman, Eisenstein, Johnson, Bareck & Bertuca
- - Current
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. and B.A.
- B.S. in Psychology and B.A. in Communication
- Workers’ Compensation Law Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Illinois Bar
- Bridgette A. Kolb's Website Profile
- Katz, Friedman, Eisenstein, Johnson, Bareck & Bertuca Website
- Chicago Injury Attorneys Blog
- You Can Overcome an Out-of-State Business’ Attempt to Avoid an Illinois Lawsuit Based on ‘Personal Jurisdiction’
22 January 2020
- Two Late December Crashes Involving Autonomous Vehicles Kill 3 and Raise Questions
17 January 2020
- 2020 Changes in Illinois Law You Should Know!
26 December 2019
- Workers at Amazon facilities are twice as likely to be injured on the job as others
17 December 2019
- A Recent Report Reveals 3,000 Sexual Assaults on Uber Rides in One Year Alone
16 December 2019
- A Trucking Company’s Use of an Unsafe Driver Leads to a $35M Punitive Damages Award from an Illinois Jury
12 December 2019
- Retail Jobs Riskier than working in factories
9 December 2019
- Elizabeth Warren is preparing a plan to ban mega mergers, which would then open the door for rideshare drivers to unionize
5 December 2019
- Taking on an Insurance Company When There is an Ambiguity in Your Auto Policy Following a Crash in Illinois
2 December 2019