Free Consultation: (508) 986-9966Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brian Waller

Brian Waller

  • Divorce, Family Law, Juvenile Law ...
  • Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I transitioned to divorce and family law after 15+ years working in accounting and operations for start-up technology companies. I strongly believe lawyers overlook the client experience and often force clients to work their way instead of the best way for the client. This means only being available during regular business hours, poor communication, and a less-than-clear understanding of the law related to their case.

My firm's approach starts with the client. We are committed to flexibility and working for and partnering with every client in the most efficient way for them. For parents, a mid-day meeting is frequently a big disruption that may involve arranging daycare, taking time off work, or asking friends and relatives for favors. We are happy to meet in the evening or even on weekends when it works for clients so that working with their lawyer does not introduce even more stress into already hectic lives.

We also believe the best way to resolve disputes is through direct communication with the other party. The court system should be the last resort, and we have no problem advising clients that they are better off handling an issue themselves if practical. We view the client relationship as a long term collaboration rather than a quick money grab. We would rather a client be completely confident in recommending us to a friend or come back years later when they do need a lawyer than feel taken advantage of.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    We are one of the very few firms that offer true flat fees for Family Law. We feel hourly fees encourage inefficiency because there is no incentive to improve, and the client ultimately pays for that lack of efficiency. We want to change the way legal services are delivered, and we want every client to have a great experience and be excited to refer their friends and family to us.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US District Court, District of Massachusetts
ID Number: 685672
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
New England Law | Boston
J.D. (2012)
New England Law | Boston Logo
University of Massachusetts - Amherst
MBA (2008)
University of Massachusetts - Amherst Logo
Rising Stars
Super Lawyers
Top 10 Family Law Attorney
Attorney and Practice Magazine
Professional Associations
State Bar of Massachusetts
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Worcester County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Sequel Law LLC website
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. Ex and I live in different states. I have custody, he gets visitation rights. Can I move to a different state with kids?
A: Good question. It really depends on the agreement that you came to with your ex when you moved away. If there is any restriction about moving to any state other than TN, then obviously it would be an issue. Realistically, there should be no impact on your ex if you are paying for the plane tickets anyway, but he may be opposed to you moving in with your boyfriend with the kids and could make a bigger issue of it. Something like this is very fact-specific so someone would need to understand the background and review the agreement to give you a more informed answer. In general, moving states with kids when there is a court order in place is complicated unless both parents are in agreement on the move. You should definitely speak to an attorney (or more than one) to get a better idea.
Q. If a Father signed over his rights in NH under false pretenses by the mother, Is there a way for him to get visitation?
A: If the case where this happened was in NH originally and the kids still live in NH, this would be a NH case and the laws may be slightly different. In general, unless there was something in the written agreement he probably doesn't have much of an argument, unfortunately. Obviously, every case is different and this is a complicated issue, so there is no way to give a black and white answer without reading the court order and finding out more information. You may want to reach out to a few attorneys in NH to discuss the details and ask if they have handled cases like this before.
Q. Does a quitclaim deed (signed after divorce) take precedence over a divorce agreement in MA?
A: That is really hard to say without knowing the specifics of the Separation Agreement that was signed as part of the divorce or divorce judgment if it was decided by a judge. It isn't all that uncommon for one spouse to stay in the home until the kids finish school and then the house sold at that time and the equity divided. If that was supposed to happen, it should be clearly stated in your agreement. These types of issues are very fact-specific though, you should speak with an attorney (or more than one) who could tell you your rights and any obligations you may have regarding the house.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Sequel Law LLC
250 Commercial Street
Suite 200
Worcester, MA 01608
Telephone: (508) 986-9966
Fax: (508) 986-9968
Sequel Law LLC
Schrafft's City Center - The Power House
529 Main St
Charlestown, MA 02129
Telephone: (781) 591-2785