Brian Scott WinklerAffluence Legal Services
- Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Personal Injury ...
For all your criminal, DUI and white collar crime needs, call B. Scott Winkler, The Shafter Lawyer!
Born and raised in Bakersfield, CA. I studied Finance and Political Science @ CSUF & CSUB, receiving a degree in both fields. I attended law school at California Pacific School of Law. I have been practicing Criminal Law for 17 years, with offices in Bakersfield & Shafter CA. Specializing in Criminal Law, DUI trials, Family Law and Personal Injury. I am blessed to call Bakersfield my home, and coming from a hard working family where money was only necessary to pay bills, I understand the importance when I am entrusted with a client's or family members money, and work as hard as I can to accomplish every feasible legal goal my client is requesting.
Law fees are becoming incredibly expensive, and I feel a duty to represent my client base at a fair cost in exchange for providing an extremely competent job to defend their rights, with respect to the areas of law I practice.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- White Collar Crime
- DMV Hearings
I will do an overview of you case and provide an honest answer as to how I can help you. As I openly tell my potential clients, this line of work can online rewarding if can spot an issue for dismissal, or provide enough form a reduced sentence, A private attorney lives off his reputation of being honest, fair, and successful.
Personal injury. cases only!
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Consider a split payment in felonies + expenses, as long as myself and my client understand we have a job to do.
- 5th Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Law Offices of B. Scott Winkler
- - Current
- The only Attorney listed in Justia, that has his primary practice location in Shafter, for the Northern Kern County area. Acoss the street from the Shafter Superior Court.
- Vice President: RCBO
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Numerous certificates in Ag & Commercial Lending; completed their strenuous Bankers College
- Asst. Vice-predident
- San Joaquin Bank
- California State University - San Francisco State University
- M.A. (2016) | California Gangs and the effect of new legistlation has on criminal sentencing
- Wells Fargo Bank Ag & Commercial lending College
- (2000) Agricultural and commercial financial analysis
- Honors: Most Outstanding in delivering WFB ag and commercial products to clients. Reached highest sales quotas and exceeded in my class.
- Activities: Intensive academic understanding into annual cash flow and the needs of cash fellow for both ag and commercial products in order to avoid a strong company to be undercapitalized,
- California Pacific University
- J.D. (1991) | Law
- Honors: West-Law Honor Student
- California State University - Bakersfield
- B.A. (1991) | Political Science
- Honors: Graduate Cum Laude Honors
- California State University - Fullerton
- B.A. (1990) | Finance
- Volunteer of the year Award
- Bakersfiekd Rescue Mission
- For volunteering with some homeless, but many young kids needing assistance in simply working their homework with each individual at the mission.
- Palque handed out the four highest GPA'S in our class
- West Law Studenf of High Academic Achievement
- American Bar Association
- - Current
- California State Bar  # 215006
- - Current
- Kern County Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: Criminal Defense Section
- U.S. Federal Court, Eatern District  # 215006
- Licensed to Practice
- - Current
- Golden Empire Youth Football
- Board for Director & Coach
- Activities: One of original members to outline and create future protocol for youth football organization, that is still operating at a high competitive level todat.
- Criminal Defense Lawyer Bakersfield & Shafter B. Scott Winkler
- Criminal Defense Lawyer
- ‘Tis The Season – To NOT Drink & Drive
December 4, 2017
- Thank you, all Veterans of the United States
November 10, 2017
- The Menendez Brothers: Provided Batting Practice for What was to Come
September 25, 2017
- Q. Can i file a case against someone who is here but threatened my wife of serious injury although shes not here
- A: Short answer is no.
- Q. I found a meth pipe in my restroom it’s my mothers. I wanna call the cops because she has custody of my brother.
- A: There are several factors not provided in your question to give a comprehensive and cogent answer. First, not knowing your age, there is a human element than cannot be overlooked. If you choose to make a call, this case will progress as civil suit, in family law court. Whether law enforcement is called or Child Protective Services, in all practicality a criminal case would likely ensue only if officers made a welfare check and she was clearly under the influence. Unless you are capable of providing care for your brother or another close relative can provide care (dads whereabouts were unstated) your brother stands a good chance of being removed from your mother and temporary placed in the care of whatever child services agency or equivalent government managed agency dictates. In my 23 year career I have practiced both criminal and family law extensively, and when you make “the call”, as concerned as you are, your mother will have build a resentment against you, that may likely result in your relationship being severed for many years if not longer. Your mother is clearly not in her right mind and will make statements towards you with vulgar meth riddled statements that would offend any reasonable person. I’m sure you now know, it’s not mom, but the drugs reacting to the immediate shame and humiliation she will feel when she’s exposed. I suggest to think about the totality of that phone call, and do your best to role the tape over the next 5+ years. I have represented both sides of these serious family disputes and the one statement I hear repeatedly is “why did I ever call and start this custody battle with the State of California, everything thing is worse”, or “I can’t believe my son forced my baby to be taken away, I’ll never forget what he did”. Court battles involving family members create unspeakable stress. When confronted by family and not police or CPS, your mother will be argumentative and nasty but courts will not be involved, which may open an avenue to ask her to enter a rehabilitation facility when her temper subsides. Adults meth users are typically serious addicts who will not recover on her own. Her sobriety will be a hard fight and you need to weigh the safety and welfare of your brother vs. your belief in mom being able to overcome methamphetamine. I have tried to illustrate the likely obstacles I front of you, but unfortunately only you are in a position to answer that question. God bless young man.
- Q. Does Sec 600 (holding electronic annual meetings) and sec 20b (consent requirements) apply to nonprofit religious corps?
- A: Most states allow nonprofit corporations to hold both board and membership meetings electronically, through any medium where all of the individuals participating may hear each other and participate in all matters before the board or membership, unless the corporation's articles or bylaws provide otherwise.