Arna Cortazzo grew up in South Florida. Her love for the ocean and Florida's beaches began at a young age, so did her quest for justice.
As a lawyer, Arna has protected the rights of Floridians for 30 years. While in her last year of law school, Arna began the practice of law in the juvenile division of the Broward County Public Defender’s office as a legal intern certified by the Florida Supreme Court. Upon graduation from law school and passing the Florida Bar, Arna accepted a position as a criminal defense trial attorney in South Florida. From 1987 to 1992 she gained trial experience and the extensive knowledge of our often complicated Criminal Justice System. Arna handled cases ranging from misdemeanors to felonies and tried cases to verdict. She was in court every day fighting for the rights of her clients.
In 1992, Arna accepted a position at a large, prestigious insurance defense law firm in Central Florida, where she represented some of the biggest insurance companies and large corporations, including Cigna Insurance Company, AT&T Corporation and Universal Studios. With the invaluable experience gained from representing insurance companies and big business, Arna returned to the coast and opened her own law firm in Brevard County in1995. As a former insurance defense attorney, Arna understands how the other side thinks – an advantage that she uses as a zealous advocate for her clients.
Arna is committed to treating all of her clients with compassion and respect and providing the personal attention they deserve as she zealously represents them. She practices law in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, estate planning, bankruptcy, criminal law, divorce and family law, and workers' compensation.
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Workers' Compensation
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Attorney/ Owner
- Law Office of Arna D. Cortazzo, P.A.
- - Current
- Rissman, Weisberg, Barrett, Hurt, Donahue and McLain
- Trial Attorney
- Criminal Defense
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Legal Intern
- 17th Judicial Circuit, Broward County Florida Public Defender
- Fellowship Southern District of Florida
- The Honorable Robert Scott
- Nova Southeastern University
- LL.D. (1987) | Law
- Honors: Graduated Magna Cum Laude,
- Activities: Editor In Chief Moot Court, Editor Law Review
- Northeastern University
- other | Tax
- University of South Florida
- J.D. (1978) | History
- Honors: Graduated with honors
- Activities: Delta, Delta Delta Sorority, Numerous philanthropic and educational activites
- Florida State Bar # 704090
- - Current
- An end to auto accident deaths and injuries due to blind spots when backing up? Rear View Cameras are now required in most passenger vehicles.
14 May 2018
- Dead Men Don't Dial (unless Florida police help)
25 April 2018
- Is a Will enough when parents have minor children?
9 April 2018
- Naming A Couple as Guardians of your kids- Do you really want both of them?
3 April 2018
- Turn it off-Distracted Drivers in Florida
31 March 2018
- Free Range Parents- Smart or dangerous: Should the law allow kids to stay at home unattended, play outside and travel alone to various activities by themselves? One conservative state says yes.
28 March 2018
- Injunctions (Restraining orders) can impact your job as well as your life, especially here on the Space Coast.
19 March 2018
- Why is that really old bill included in my bankruptcy? I thought it was too old for them to sue me.
17 May 2017
- "You can't have your cake and eat it too..." Bankruptcy court says "Surrender" means "Surrender."
19 December 2016