Free Consultation: (916) 917-5217Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew Schach

Andrew Schach

Immigration Attorney at Schach Law Group, APC
  • Immigration Law
  • Missouri
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Focused on immigration law throughout Northern California.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Federal Circuit
Professional Experience
Schach Law Group, APC
- Current
Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services
- Current
McGeorge School Of Law, Community Immigration Fair
- Current
Volunteer Attorney
OneJustice Community Clinics
- Current
Student Attorney
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
- Current
Legal Intern
United States Bankruptcy Court
- Current
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
J.D. (2014)
Honors: Witkin Award
University of Missouri - Columbia
MBA (2005)
Central Missouri State University
B.S. (2003)
Professional Associations
The Missouri Bar # 69754
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Sacramento County Bar Association
- Current
Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
34 Questions Answered

Q. Could you please tell me if there is any update on asylum cases, which were filed May, 2015, after changes by USCIS
A: Thank you for your question. There is not enough information provided to offer additional information. What changes by USCIS, do you have your I-797 receipt notice? I suggest you reach out to an immigration attorney who will be able to offer additional assistance.
Q. My friend is coming to the US on a visitor visa. I want to surprise her with a marriage proposal. Is this visa fraud?
A: Thank you for your question. The answer is, it depends. There are possibilities for both visitor visa fraud and marriage fraud in your scenario. If the individual received a visitor visa in order to come to the US, get married, and stay in the country, this would be fraud as the individual received the visa with the understanding they would be returning to their country. If you intend to marry this individual so that they can receive a green card and stay in the US without having to return to their country as a sham marriage, this would be fraud. If this person is coming to the United States with no knowledge of your proposal which you are prepared to offer as a legitimate marriage, then based on your information, there would not be any fraudulent intent. Good luck to the both of you, I hope everything goes well with your proposal.
Q. I'm Canadian born,married American born husband in 2006, & I obtained American citizenship in 2015.He now wants divorce
A: Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your marriage. You have now received citizenship, therefore you are free to move and will continue to have your United States citizenship. There are questions circulating on the news and social media about citizenship being revoked, but these are in cases of fraud and other ill gotten privileges. In your instance, you have not indicated any adverse issues to raise this flag.
Q. Reguarding petition for my wife for residency.
A: Thank you for your question. There is a waiver available for the illegal presence, and based on the information you have provided, there is an opportunity for a successful application. However, there are many factors that weigh in the process of a successful application. I suggest you speak with an immigration attorney who will review the specifics to your case and offer options going forward. There are many immigration attorneys that offer free consultations.
Q. Received USCIS approval letter for mom, Is there a time limit for the rest of process, considering travel ban?
A: Thank you for your question and congratulations on the approval notice. There will likely not be a revocation of the approved petition based on the travel ban, and there is a waiver that may be filed despite the travel ban. However, the more important question may be why you are looking to delay the next steps. I suggest speaking with an immigration attorney to discuss the reasons your mother would not like to proceed with the application. There are many immigration attorneys that offer free consultations to review your information and provide options to going forward.
Q. Can my parents become U.S. residents if they were ordered to be deported years ago and never left?
A: Thank you for your question. There are many factors to this question that are not provided in the facts given. It is possible that your parents would be able to gain status, however, I would suggest you speak with an immigration attorney to review the case history of your parents. It is important to have the entire story, and be transparent with any immigration attorney you work with. There are also many immigration attorneys that offer free consultations.
Q. Can I leave the country for short time during removal proceedings under these circumstances?
A: Thank you for your question. As the previous attorney stated, that travel schedule does not constitute maintaining your residency requirements. With that said, your immediate concern should be your notice to appear, as you are in removal proceedings, along with your wife and your future plans. Your next steps will have lasting implications. You are correct that if you chose to leave at this stage, you will be removing yourself and will not have legal means to return, per the information you have provided. I suggest discussing this matter with an immigration attorney. Many immigration attorneys offer free consultations to discuss your case and determine which steps you may take going forward.
Q. Hi, is there any consequences in traveling with an illegal immigrant if I am a permanent resident?
A: Thank you for your question. Unfortunately the revocation of a green card may be done by discretion, therefore I would not conjecture whether your scenario could lead to a revocation. However, for your friend, I would remind them that traveling outside of California may lead to more difficult immigration outcomes if they are picked up by ICE than if they were detained while in California based on access to resources.
Q. I am a Canadian in the US getting married to an American Citizen.
A: Thank you for your question. The previous appointment to receive a marriage license, even if paid, was not followed through with. Therefore, there would be not issues with the prior engagement impacting your current marriage application for your spouse.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Schach Law Group
2555 3rd Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
Telephone: (916) 917-5217