Allen E. Honick
- Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Medical Malpractice ...
- District of Columbia, District of Maryland, Maryland
Allen manages a diverse litigation practice representing plaintiffs in civil rights, medical malpractice, and general negligence matters. Allen is a true trial lawyer and not just a “litigator”—feeling most at home inside the courtroom—having tried more than fifty cases to verdict. Allen also has significant appellate experience in both State and Federal courts.
Allen’s recent successes include a $10 mil.+ medical malpractice settlement, a $2.7 million jury verdict against the State of Maryland for civil rights violations, a $700,000 jury verdict for excessive force and constitutional violations, a $500,000 jury verdict in a premises liability case against Baltimore City, a $500,000 jury verdict in a slip and fall claim against a commercial cleaning company, a $402,500 jury verdict for personal injuries caused in a Lyft car crash, and a $350,000 jury verdict against Chili’s for injuries caused by a screw buried in food.
Allen also represents clients in complex matters that require the highest degrees of sensitivity and discretion. These include civil rights matters against powerful municipal or corporate entities, police misconduct claims, and wrongful death actions. Allen is selective about the cases he pursues, which allows him to take the time to get to know his clients, understand their problems, and develop a strategy for achieving their goals.
Clients come to Allen primarily by word of mouth—frequently, as referrals from other clients and other lawyers. In fact, one of the highest compliments that Allen receives are referrals from other lawyers and parties who were Allen’s opponents in previous cases. Allen is also frequently asked to serve as outside general counsel on a wide range of issues, including cannabis law, regulatory compliance, and real estate acquisition and management.
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- District of Maryland
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association