Free Consultation: (818) 921-7744Tap to Call This Lawyer
Alexander Andryuschenko

Alexander Andryuschenko

  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Alex Andryuschenko is a top rated Los Angeles DUI attorney who specializes in drunk driving related charges, DMV hearings, DMV hearing appeals and the defense of other criminal and traffic cases. Alex Andryuschenko is licensed in California and the Federal Courts representing clients throughout California. While he is based in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, he is well known in criminal courts throughout Southern California and handled many cases in all neighboring counties. From the time he graduated from UCLA law school, one of the top law schools in the country, and until now, 13 years later, Alex Andryuschenko specialized in defending drunk driving related cases where he helped hundreds of citizens, often, defending indefensible cases. Many cases handled by DUI Attorney Alex Andryuschenko have resulted in dismissals or verdicts of not guilty. Often, his negotiating skills or aggressive advocacy convinced judges and prosecutors to dismiss some or all of the charges. When negotiation fails, attorney Alex Andryuschenko will not hesitate the take your case to a jury trial where he will do his best to convince the jury to deliver a verdict of not guilty on all charges.

Practice Areas
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Univ of California at Los Angeles
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
UCLA School of Law
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 225474
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. Hi, my gf is on riverside, she is mexican with legal visa, she was arrested, what are the odd if she plead gulty
A: Hello, The federal regulations do allow a cancelation of any visitor's visa upon a conviction or even an arrest for any offense. Therefore, legally, her status can be affected even if she never goes to court. Unfortunately, I am not certain about the odds of that happening. Sorry.
Q. At the time of my arrest, the officer said I had to contact the DMV within 10 days. Why?
A: Under the California law, if you are arrested for a DUI, your license has to be confiscated by the arresting officer. Instead of your driver's license, the arresting officer will issue you a temporary driver's license good for 30 days. After the 30 days, your driver's license will most likely be suspended. But, you have a right to request a hearing to determine if the officer had reasonable suspicion to pull you over, and the probable cause to arrest you, and also whether you were driving with a blood alcohol level of .08% or more. However, the right to request a hearing expires after 10 days. After 10 days you do not have a right to request a hearing and a license suspension occurs almost automatically. If you want to have a chance to review the evidence and to present the defense, you must contact the DMV within 10 days.
Q. How many times can I get a DUI without going to jail?
A: First offense DUI could result in loss of driver's license and a possible jail time of up to 6 month in the county jail. But most first time offenders do not serve any jail time
Q. Hi. I am taking dui classes in California. Can I transfer my classes to Peurto Rico? Do they offer DUI programs?
A: First, you need to find out if Puerto Rico offers classes in DUI/alcohol abuse education. If they do, next, you would ask the California court to permit you to complete your DUI class in Puerto Rico. If the court grants your request, then you would simply file a completion certificate from Puerto Rico in court. This will allow you to comply with you probation, however, the class from Puerto Rico will not satisfy California DMV prerequisite/requirement to get your driver's license back. Your license will remain suspended unless you do a program in California or receive a one time exemption from the completion of DUI classes by proving to the DMV that you are no longer a California resident. The process involves filing appropriate paperwork with some support documents with the DMV Sacramento unit.
Q. My brother was just taken by bench warrant and sentenced for a felony DWI's from 2004. Isn't there a 3 yr statute of lim
A: The statute of limitation stops running at the time bench warrant is issued. If the court did not issue the bench warrant until 2007, the court would lose its jurisdiction over the case and you would have a good argument about the statute of limitation. Check when the case was filed and if it is 3 years after the day of the offense, then you are correct and you brother was convicted in error.
Q. should I fight my case at court? should I get my license before the date?
A: Hello. Since you are asking a lawyer, I assume the question has nothing to do with your internal moral struggles. From a legal perspective, strategically, if you are trying to keep your record clean, it is far better to fight your case even if you believe you are guilty. For example, if you get your driver's license by the courdate, the court, or the police officer might reduce the fine and/or dismiss the unlicensed driver charge altogether. If you are facing a referee, he or she might offer a diversion as an alternative to a guilty plea. Also, it is relatively common for police officers not to show up for trial - allowing you to get a dismissal based on officer's failure to appear. Good luck.
Q. I got a dui in 1998 can I get my license back now
A: Hello. Probably so. Unfortunately, the age of the suspension is not the only thing that matters in a DUI related suspension. For example, if the suspension is based on your failure to comply with a DMV order, you might not get your license back until you comply. Best approach is to calling the DMV and get specific reason why your license is suspended and what steps you need to take to get it back.
Q. Dui in 05 in IL with AZ lic. Did alcohol classes and got prob and ct sup. Just paid fine today. How do i reinstate lic
A: Hello. You need to start by contacting California DMV and clarifying if IL suspended your license. You can call mandatory action unit to answer this question. Their number is 916-657-6525. If your license is suspended by IL, you need to contact IL DMV to see what is required to reinstate your license.
Q. If you have a pending trial for a case, and you commit the same thing. what are the chances of it being the same DA?
A: Hello, There is a high chance that the prosecution will be aware of your new case. Whether or not the same prosecutor will be assigned to your case will depend on the jurisdiction of your new offense and the resources that the prosecution office has. For example. car thefts, are often handled by small units and the chances that you will have same prosecutor are very high. In contrast, some crimes, like a garden variety DUI cases are assigned to misdemeanor trial deputies randomly and you are unlikely to have the same prosecutor for another DUI prosecution.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
3550 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 1770
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Cell: (818) 921-7744
18321 Ventura Boulevard
Tarzana, CA 91356
Cell: (818) 921-7744