Free Consultation: (470) 799-5992Tap to Call This Lawyer
Alake Colwell Furlow

Alake Colwell Furlow

  • Family Law, Divorce, Juvenile Law
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Family law attorney handling cases involving child support, child custody, legitimation, guardianship, divorce, visitation, child abandonment, modifications & all other domestic cases. Licensed to practice law since 2011 having handled cases in counties such as Cobb, Gwinnett, Dekalb, Fayette, Fulton, Henry, Rockdale, Cherokee, Clayton, Douglas, Barrow, Clarke, Carroll, Forsyth, Hall, Lumpkin, Netwon, Habersham, Paulding, Putnam, & Walton county. Offering reasonable fees, lower than most of my colleagues, which may include payment plans.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Juvenile Law
  • Free Consultation
    Offering a free 15-minute telephone consultation and a reasonable retainer with some payment options available.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Credit cards accepted but may be subject to vendor and credit card fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
359 Questions Answered
Q. My teenage children want to file an affidavit of election. Can they file without an attorney?
A: There's so much information missing from here that it's hard to provide advice. If there is an order granting the other parent custody, you don't simply file an election for change of custody. You have to file for a modification. Then you must have the custodial parent served. They then can file an Answer and you then would move forward with your case with any other relevant filings. And the custodial parent does have grounds to contest if they feel this is not in the best interest of the children.
Q. What can I do if the judge in my divorce denied all my pro se motions stating only they were meritless/mute?
A: As an attorney, I have never received a response like that from the Court. Therefore, it is possible there was an error or error(s) with your motions. And since I have never received that response, and have not seen your paperwork, I can't tell you why your motions were denied, nor can anyone else. You may need to gather the funds to hire an attorney.
Q. I'm a guy. I called on my wife a couple of times. How do I get a copy of the report.
A: If you called the police there is typically a police report, whether charges were pressed or not. If there is no report for some odd reason, unfortunately, you will not have any proof to submit in Court. I would urge you to hire an attorney to represent you in this divorce so they can gather the proper evidence for trial.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Colwell Law Firm, LLC
P. O. Box 1741
Dacula, GA 30019
Telephone: (470) 799-5992