Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Immigration Law
- Personal Injury
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Yoruba: Spoken, Written
- Senior Assistant District Attorney
- DEKALB COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
- Tunde Akinyele is a former Senior Assistant District Attorney with the DeKalb County District Attorney's office, where he handled serious criminal offenses including burglaries, armed robberies, sexual assault cases, crimes against children, white collar, and homicide cases.
- Assistant District Attorney
- Fulton County District Attorney
- Assistant District Attorney responsible for preparing indictments, presenting cases to the Grand Jury and conducting first appearance hearings.
- Senior Assistant Solicitor General
- DeKalb County Solicitor General
- Assistant Solicitor General, responsible for prosecuting misdemeanor cases. Started out practicing under the Graduate practice Act as an intern with the solicitor's office. Tried approximately 50 cases, mostly DUIs and domestic cases.
- Georgia State University College of Law
- Law Degree
- Tunde has personally handled thousands of cases, including motions, bond hearings, preliminary matters, and has tried over 100 cases including several complex jury trials throughout his career. While in law school, Tunde was an intern with the Chief Judge of the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Presiding Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court, where he learned the inner workings of the appellate system. He was also a member of the Moot Court Board and the Student Trial Lawyers Association, where he represented Georgia State University College of Law in several moot court and mock trial competitions.
- Honors: At Georgia State University, Tunde was chosen to be a member of the Bleckley American Inn of Court, a select group of students chosen to learn from seasoned professionals. He was a member of the Moot Court Board, where he placed in the top five students in oral arguments and overall advocacy. He was the Secretary of the Student Bar Association from 1998-1999 (and he today remains as the class representative of the College of Law's Alumni Council). He was the Vice-President of the Student Trial Lawyers Association from 1999-2000. In 1999, he received the American Trial Lawyers Association's Richard D. Hailey Scholarship for outstanding trial advocacy. Additionally, he received the highest grade in comparative civil litigation.
- Activities: Tunde was extremely successful in moot court and mock trial competitions. In 2000, he was an advocate on the first-place team at the ATLA Student Trial Advocacy; he went undefeated in five competition rounds and advanced to the national competion. He was a participant on the semi-final team at the ABA National Appellate Advocay competition, and also went undefeated in four rounds of oral arguments. In addition, he was on the national championship team at the 1998 William Daniels National Invitational Mock Trial competition.
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map