Adan Vega

Adan Vega

  • Immigration Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Area
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
5th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
The University of Texas School of Law
J.D. (1979) | Business Law
The University of Texas School of Law Logo
Rice University
B.A. (1976) | Contribution to several extracurricular groups and served as president of a student organization.
Honors: Dean's List
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
AILA Publisher committee 2013-2014
- Current
Activities: Associate Editor of AILA publications
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar  # 20533590
Member since 1979
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law
Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
407 Questions Answered
Q. immigration status through marriage
A: Daniel,

I highly recommend that you consult with a qualified and experienced immigration law attorney before you proceed to request any benefits from USCIS. The attorney will be able to consult with you and provide you with professional guidance. If you decide to engage the attorney to represent you then the attorney will guide you through the process of requesting the adjustment of status with USCIS by preparing and filing the appropriate petitions and applications.

Good luck to you.
Q. My son’s girlfriend is from China and is attending graduate school here to get her master’s degree. She would like to
A: Your son's girlfriend can continue to seek out job offers and also her optional practical training (OPT) prior to graduating. She can also explore the H-1B status with a prospective employer.

As to marriage to your son, you did not specify the immigration status of your son. Without knowing that detail, it is not possible to let you know if she can apply for adjustment of status with USCIS.

Also, acquiring U.S. permanent status does not require her to abandon her Chinese citizenship.
A: First of all, you must ensure that you submitted a separate I-130 petition for each of your parents. Secondly, you must also ensure that your parents have lawfully entered the country. If that is the case, then you can proceed to file Form I-485 for each of your parents to commence the adjustment of status process with USCIS. Third, be aware of your parents being subject to the preconceived intent position that USCIS can take should you file within 90 days of your parents' last entry.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
122 Tuam St
Houston, TX 77006
Telephone: (713) 527-9606
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: An experienced immigration law attorney can be available during a Saturday in case of an emergency basis.