The Law Offices of Zev Goldstein PLLC provides you with quality representation of traffic tickets and driving-related crimes like DWI/DUI, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation / driving on a suspended license, suspended registration and the like. We have successfully resolved over 30,000 cases.
Attorney Zev Goldstein started out prosecuting in the Albany Traffic Court. He now defends motorists anywhere in the state of New York who are charged with traffic violations.
- Traffic Tickets
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
Your Initial consultation is free, comprehensive consultations are hourly.
- Credit Cards Accepted
All major credit cards, checks, cash, paypal and chase quick pay.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I prefer flat rates. Less confusion, less time accounting, less unhappy clients.
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- The Law Offices Of Zev Goldstein
- - Current
- Assistant Corporation Counsel
- City of Albany Law Department
- Acting prosecutor for the City of Albany.
- Yeshivas Ohr Somayach
- BT | Jewish Law
- Western New England College
- J.D. (1982) | Law
- State University of New York - College at Fredonia
- B.S. | Political Science
- New York State Bar # 1945872
- - Current
- Activities: COMMITTEE ON VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC LAW & Town and Village Justice Court Committee
- Traffic Violation Blog
- Those who fail to appear in court face consequences
15 October 2016
- Increased fees for traffic tickets proposed in Nassau County
13 October 2016
- Is there a connection between energy drinks and drunk driving?
8 October 2016
- Tips for spotting unmarked police cars
6 October 2016
- Study finds wealthy drivers with violations pay less for coverage
1 October 2016
- Drugged drivers face similar consequences as drunk drivers
29 September 2016
- Advances in modern technology aim to put an end to DWI
24 September 2016
- What do I need to do to restore my license after a revocation?
22 September 2016
- What tactics do police use to catch texting drivers?
17 September 2016
- New York Traffic Ticket Facebook Page
- Traffic Violation google+ Blog
- Q. Got ticket when turning left from 96th into 2nd Av along with yellow arrow going off but still green light...
- A: The question is not whether the pedestrians had the light: if the pedestrians were in the crosswalk, you were required to yield. Even if you were technically guilty, you might win at trial. Even if you were not guilty, the officer's story might be different when he testifies at trial.
- Q. Point reduction system
- A: Usually the answer is no: the class helps for ticket received/issued 18 months prior to the date of the course. In your case, I am assuming that your ticket is filed somewhere in NYC, where the Judges (ALJs) have discretion to look at the points differently, and can take into consideration a class which was technically taken outside the 18 month time frame.
- Q. We got a violation that we need commercial plates because we have lettering on a passenger vehicles.
- A: Now you fight the tickets. You can appear in court yourself, or hire a lawyer to argue the case for you.
- Q. How do I fill this out (...plea guilty to _______ in violation of traffic sections _______...)
- A: No idea what form you are reading. Please post again with the name of the form you are filling out, and the court you are dealing with.
- Q. How many days notice does a lawyer need to be able to contact the courts after handing in the ticket
- A: For traffic tickets you can find an attorney who can handle it last minute. Even the day of.
- Q. Received ticket for failure to notify address change, changed it on dmv website and never received further info.
- A: This ticket does not carry points, but it may affect your driving record. You can choose to either plead not guilty and fight it or plead guilty and pay the fine.
- Q. If I was pulled over issued no tickets in Johnstown new York can an officer call me 2 weeks later and ask me to come in
- A: They can ask you, but you should not talk to the police without an attorney.
- Q. My husband got a speed tix in PA. Tix in my name (car owner) but his DOB & DL listed on ticket tho. Can it be thrown out
- A: You posted in NY. Report in PA.
- Q. I went to court in 2000 for a moving violation that I know it wasn't me. ticket was from 1998.
- A: Sounds like he said she said. The officer says they gave you the ticket, and the judge believed the officer, and found you guilty. If you have a warrant, that means there is probably a criminal charge issued as well for driving suspended. If you cannot afford a attorney, you may be eligible for a free attorney.