Profile Image Placeholder

Yasmin Gamboa

  • Real Estate Law, Business Law, Intellectual Property...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Real Estate Law
  • Business Law
  • Intellectual Property
  • Trademarks
  • Estate Planning
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Education Law
  • Employment Law
  • Family Law
  • Immigration Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
16 Questions Answered

Q. with heirs property, how can you gain ownership of the property
A: if there is a will which stipulates that the property is left only to you. If not, then if there are more than one heir they share equally.
Q. I am 22 years live in Nys and my father has never paid for child support. Can I file for child support now?
A: No. A parent is responsible for child support until the age of maturity -- 21 yr old. In some cases this can be extended until post college, but usually requires several variables. Also, In NY under very limited circumstances can a handicapped child receive child support past age 21.
Q. are there vitation rights for grandparents??
A: The law says that parents have a 'fundamental right to raise their children as they desire', including who visits their children. Therefore, in New York the court will only grant visitation to grandparents if doing so would be in the best interest of the child.In New York, grandparents have a limited right to visit their grandchildren. Try to resolve with your son it may be faster and easier. If that doesn't work you will need to file in family court for visitation rights. this may offer you some hope:
Q. Do I have to pay child support for kids in new york if I terminated my rights 14 years ago
A: Depends on what you mean by terminated your rights.
Q. Can I take my chile out of the state while his father is paying child support
A: If the father has visitation or shares custody you need the court's permission to move to another state. If father doesn't share custody he may still be able to stop you. It is best to make sure the father agrees to your move, and if he objects get the court's permission.
Q. My mother died and the gas company has turned her name into a collection agency. Who is responsible for the bill?
A: Her estate is responsible for debts. Any money left should go to pay the debt, if she died destitute then you may not be responsible for debt, but if there was enough money left to pay all or part you would need to do that. Try working it out with the electric company. And yes if you don't have the money and they insist you pay, then contact a lawyer.
Q. my gf left NY to CA with our son, saying she does't have to come back for court out here, even if i file. is this true?
A: First thing is you need a court order judgment on custody. You need to file for custody ASAP. Take if from there.
Q. what else can my dad do to get custudy of me?
A: if you feel unsafe call Child Protective Services or the police. CPS has a responsibility to remove you if things are unsafe.
Q. Can my 2yr old son's paternal grandmother prevent me from having my son back after she babysat for a week?
A: She has not right to your child at the moment. You may go to the police and have them go with you to get your child. However, if the child's father is there he has rights to his child, especially since there are no custody ruling.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
NJ Mailing Address
Belleville, NJ, USA
SSG Law Group
347 Fifth Ave
Suite 1402-640
New York, NY 10016
Telephone: (646) 205-8003
Fax: (646) 558-2174