Free Consultation: (951) 275-5297Tap to Call This Lawyer
William John Light

William John Light

Law Offices of Todd Rash
  • Personal Injury, Animal & Dog Law, Insurance Claims...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Call me at (951) 275-5297. Email me at Visit my website at

I have been practicing law for 30 years. Lots of attorneys can file lawsuits and fight it out. We take pride in fighting intelligently. I have recovered millions and millions of dollars for people like you. I have met thousands of decent, honorable people who have been hurt due to negligence or intentional wrongdoing of others. You deserve a voice. We will speak for you. When we speak, insurance companies pay attention. Some of our biggest and most satisfying cases involved representing victims of dog bites, sexual molestation, product liability, dangerous roads and, of course, automobile collisions. We have a great deal of experience in virtually every kind of personal injury claim there is, including dental and medical malpractice, premises liability and employment disputes. I would like to discuss your case with you. Consultations are free.

Nothing herein guarantees, warranties, or predicts the result of any future legal representation. No attorney-client relationship is formed without the consent of the Law Offices of Todd Rash expressed in a written retainer agreement. Some of the answers here on Justia may include questions that the attorneys hope you will answer by messaging them directly to them in hopes of establishing a relationship with you that will result in you hiring them. State law prohibits attorneys from soliciting potential clients for business.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Animal & Dog Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Products Liability
  • Elder Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Civil Rights
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
    1 hour free
  • Contingent Fees
    Fees are 33 1/3% to 40%, depending on when the case is resolved. Fees for minors are set by the Court.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Todd Rash
- Current
Personal Injury, Products Liability, Road Defect, Slip and Fall, Molestation, Employment Law, Professional Malpractice, Excessive Force. Have recovered Millions and Millions for victims.
Black, Compean, Hall & Lenneman
Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation.
Clausen & Campbell
Insurance Defense, Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith.
Univ of North Dakota
Undergraduate Degree
Southwestern Univ School of Law
Law Degree
Dean Paul Wildman Scholarship
Southwestern University School of Law
Evidence Award
American Jurisprudence
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 141220
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1524 Questions Answered

A: Lack of insurance has nothing to do with who is at fault. If the other party is at fault, lack of insurance will only affect your ability to recover pain and suffering damages if you pursue a personal injury claim. You will only be able to recover economic damages (medical expenses, property damage, wage loss, rental car).
A: Unclear if you are injured from a collision or just want property damage repaired. The remedy for establishing who is at fault in a collision is a lawsuit. If you want your property damage repaired, file in Small Claims. Bring photos of the damage, and of the scene. Bring copies of the estimates/receipts for repair and rental car. If you are hurt, contact a PI attorney to discuss. If someone is making a false claim to your insurance company, then your insurer will deal with it. You don't need to do anything except cooperate with your insurer.
Q. Hi ,I wanted to find out at what time I should contact my insurer .In the back of my car ,hit the Kia car . Bogumil
A: If you've been in a car accident, you should notify your insurer now. If you were injured and someone else is at fault, you should contact a PI attorney to discuss your options.
Q. I was sexually abused by my employer. I work at a church. Are there any free resources or representation for this?
A: Representation isn't free, but contingency fee lawyers work for a percentage of the recovery and get paid at the end of the case, so no money is required up front - if the lawyer believes that you have a strong chance at recovery. Consultations are free. If you were a minor, or the other girl was a minor, this is also a criminal matter that should be reported to the police.
Q. Is it legal to negotiate a monetary settlement in exchange for not filing criminal misconduct of an attorney?
A: No, negotiating in exchange for a promise not to make a complaint to law enforcement is extortion. You can negotiate a settlement in exchange for release of civil liability.
Q. Gave dog away 3 months ago but no paperwork filed. Now Dog caused a motorcycle accident. Who is responsible for damages
A: Unclear how a dog caused a motorcycle accident. If this was a biting incident, the owner is strictly liable. If the person in control of the dog is not an owner, then the injured person would need to prove that the person in control was negligent, while the owner would still be strictly liable. If the accident happened through other means, injured persons would need to show that the dog owner was negligent (dog off leash, etc.), and/or that the person in control of the dog was negligent. In that case, the owner would ordinarily be liable for the negligence of the person in control. If you were not an owner, and you were not in control of the dog, you would not be liable. Whether or not you can prove lack of ownership is a factual matter that would have to be decided by a jury or Small Claims judge.
Q. I need advice on the course of action I should now take to straighten out a tax issue
A: Call a CPA or a tax attorney to resolve your tax issues. Whether or not a lawsuit is wise will depend on whether the filing would have been meritorious if it had been filed, and whether the EA has assets or insurance to pay a settlement or judgment.
Q. My cat gouged her eye on a faulty private labeled Petco toy and is now blind in that eye. What action can I take?
A: If you prevail, you are entitled to recover the veterinary bills you incurred to care for your cat. You are not entitled to lost wages, commissions or profits.
Q. its regarding patient care , hospital already compensating for property being lost, but can i go with medical claim too
A: There aren't any facts in your post to evaluate whether a malpractice claim is even possible. You will need to contact a malpractice attorney to discuss this in detail. Such claims cannot be evaluated over the internet.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
3900 Market St
Riverside, CA 92501
Telephone: (951) 275-5297
Fax: (951) 275-9154