W. J. Helzlsouer is a member of the bar of the following courts:
The Supreme Court of the United States
The Third Circuit Court of Appeals
The United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
W. J. Helzlsouer received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Government from Georgetown University, Washington D.C. in 1970. He received a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1973. In December 1983, he was awarded a Master of Science in Taxation from Robert Morris College.
W. J. Helzlsouer was admitted to the bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, and the U. S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania in 1973. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
W. J Helzlsouer has argued before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania and the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. Opinions have been published by the Superior Court in four cases in which W. J. Helzlsouer participated. Representative opinions are summarized on this site.
From September of 1974 to April of 1976, he was an Assistant District Attorney for Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. W. J. Helzlsouer served as solicitor for Dravosburg Borough, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania from September 1978 through January 1983, and Assistant County Solicitor for Allegheny County Pennsylvania from 1980 to 1992.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Sole Practitioner
- W. J. Helzlsouer, Attorney at Law
- - Current
- W. J. Helzlsouer provides a full range of legal services which include criminal and civil litigation, estates, trusts and wills, domestic relations litigation, bankruptcy and real estate law.
- Assistant County Solicitor
- Allegheny County, Pennsylvania Law Department
- Solicitor assigned to Adult Services Department; Supervisor of legal services to Adult Services Guardianship Program, Solicitor assigned to Department of Minority, Women & Disadvantaged Business Enterprises; Solicitor appearing monthly in juvenile court on behalf of Children Youth & Families)
- Dravosburg Borough, Pennsylvania
- Solicitor to the Borough of Dravosburg Council
- Assistant District Attorney
- Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, Office of District Attorney
- Member of the general trial division staff.
- Robert Morris College
- M.S. | Taxation
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Georgetown University
- B.A. | Government
- Allegheny County Bar Association # 3464Helzlsouer
- Warnock v. NFL
- No. 05-1530, United States Court Of Appeals For The Third Circuit, 154 Fed. Appx. 291; 2005 U.S. App. LEXIS 24167, October 21, 2005
- Colonna v. Colonna,
- No. 36 WAP 2002, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 581 Pa. 1; 855 A.2d 648; 2004 Pa. LEXIS 1251, March 3, 2003, Argued, April 29, 2004, Decided
- Yocca v. Pittsburgh Steelers Sports, Inc.,
- No. 32 WAP 2003, Supreme Court Of Pennsylvania , 578 Pa. 479; 854 A.2d 425; 2004 Pa. LEXIS 1606, March 2, 2004, Argued, July 20, 2004, Decided, As Amended July 21, 2004
- Sicuro v. City of Pittsburgh,
- No. 2975 C.D. 1995, No. 3392 C.D. 1995, No. 3429 C.D. 1995, Commonwealth Court Of Pennsylvania, 684 A.2d 232; 1996 Pa. Commw. LEXIS 449; 70 Empl. Prac. Dec. (CCH) P44, 688, May 13, 1996, Argued, October 29, 1996, Decided, October 29, 1996, filed
- Klebach v. Mellon Bank, N.A.,
- No. 1198 Pittsburgh, 1988, Superior Court of Pennsylvania, 388 Pa. Super. 203; 565 A.2d 448; 1989 Pa. Super. LEXIS 2838, April 26, 1989, Argued, September 12, 1989, Filed, Reargument Denied November 6, 1989.
- Dravosburg Housing Association v. Borough of Dravosburg,
- 454 A.2d 1158, 1162 (Pa. Cmwlth.1983)
- Pittsburgh Mediation Center