34 years experience. Licensed in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Statewide practice representing mineral owners including:
Coal, oil and gas lease negotiation.
Modification and termination of existing oil and gas leases.
Compelling additional production under existing leases.
Production royalty disputes.
Surface damages claims.
Quiet title and partition actions.
Marketing, purchase and sale of mineral interests.
Representing the victims of legal malpractice.
Commercial litigation and business transactional matters.
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Business Law
- Commercial litigation
- Transactional and due diligence
- Free Consultation
Free initial telephone consultation.
- Contingent Fees
Hourly and Contingent fees
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Hourly and contingent fees
- West Virginia
- 4th Circuit
- All West Virgiana Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founding member
- Willaim J. Leon, LC
- - Current
- Practice emphasizing transactional and litigation matters concerning mineral interests, and general commercial litigation. Mineral related engagements include analysis of oil and gas lease proposals; assistance negotiating lease modifications and drafting of appropriate documentation concerning same; modifying or terminating existing flat rate royalty leases; disputes regarding lease formation and lease termination, and surface owner damage claims.
- Special counsel
- Eckert, Seamans, Cherin, & Mellott, PLLC.
- Special counsel with 250 attorney regional law firm headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Civil litigation practice with emphasis on commercial litigation, lender liability litigation, and domestic relations matters involving valuation and division of professional practices and business interests.
- Founding Member
- William J. Leon, LC
- Civil litigation practice with emphasis on commercial and personal injury litigation. Practice areas included asbestos mass tort defense, legal malpractice, wrongful death, products liability, general personal injury claims, and medical practice management issue. Commercial transactional representation involving sale and acquisition of businesses and business related assets including negotiation, due diligence and document preparation.
- West Virginia University
- J.D | Law
- Honors: Order of the Coif. Law Review.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- - Current
- West Virginia State Bar
- - Current
- Leasing Considerations for Mineral Owners, Shale Gas Law seminar, West Virginia University College of Law
- West Virginia Continuing Legal Education