Free Consultation: (503) 990-7672Tap to Call This Lawyer
Virgil Royer

Virgil Royer

Handling Personal Injury cases in Salem, Beaverton, Portland & throughout Or
  • Personal Injury, Divorce, Family Law
  • Oregon
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Virgil Royer, a graduate of the Willamette School of Law, practices law to assist people navigate through and successfully put behind the difficult times in their life. Mr. Royer represents people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents and any accident that was caused by someone else's negligence. He enjoys helping people receive the compensation that they deserve. Mr. Royer will pursue your matter to trial to get a just award. Mr. Royer stays active within his community and enjoys doing all he can to pursue justice for his clients.

ROYER & ASSOCIATES and their staff are dedicated to assisting their clients and always strive to obtain the best possible outcome for each client. If you have been involved in an accident caused by someone's else's negligence, you need to speak with a law firm right away. Even if you elect to not retain an attorney, you will be better informed and more knowledgeable able the possible relief you are entitled to.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
    Free Consultation for personal injury matters, only
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I work on a contingency basis for personal injury matters, only.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Family Law Matters: There is a consultation fee for all cases that are not personal injury related.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Royer & Associates Attorneys at Law
Willamette University College of Law
J.D. (2011)
Willamette University College of Law Logo
Trial Advocacy Award
Willamette University College of Law
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar  # 115098
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Digital Data, Evidence, and Ethical Assistance for Lawyers , OALI Continuing Education Seminar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. If I was hit and injured in a car accident having no insurance and a suspended license, what are my options considering?
A: You pose an interesting, and all too common set of issues. If you are in accident caused by someone's negligence, and do not have auto insurance, then you are entitled to recovery your monetary damages (for example, medical bills, lost wages, property loss). In other words, you cannot recover what are known as general damages for your pain and suffering. Leaving the scene of the accident is a misdemeanor offense. Likewise, driving while your license is suspended, DWS, is also a serious crime. In addition, you are required to report the accident to DMV within 72 hours, and if not, they can suspended your license, which in your situation would only add another barrier to you finally getting your driving privileges back. Because you did not have insurance, failed to stop at the accident, did not have insurance, and failed to report the accident to the DMV within 72 hours, neither of these things will result in the responsible party avoiding being considered the at-fault driver. The person who caused the accident will be the at-fault party, though if it is not clear who was at-fault, you would have a more difficult time proving your case. You will not be punished for being the victim of a car accident. According to you, it was not your fault. However, you may face consequences for the decisions you made before and after the accident. You may want to consult a criminal defense attorney. It is important that you take steps to regain your driving privileges and always ensure that you maintain automobile insurance when you are driving. It may be a lot of work, but it will make you feel better and the public at-large safer. It sounds like you did not get seriously injured, which is the silver-lining here. Wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
Q. I scratched another car Left to get something to write with came back and they where gone. What do I do?
A: Parking lots, especially busy ones like Wal-Mart, frequently have accidents--especially scratches. When you caused damage to property, you are required to let the owner know. ORS 811.700 is a Class A Misdemeanor. If you hit a parked car, you are required to wait for (or, locate) the owner to provide your information and explain what happened--or--leave a written notice with your name and address along with a statement explaining what happened. Since you did neither (Notify the owner in person or via writing) you could be charged with a hit and run. Perhaps, you can notify Wal-Mart about what happened, and maybe the owner will contact them. It sounds like you had the right intention, but your decision to leave the scene of the accident prevented you from performing your duties as driver causing damage to another vehicle. You should have asked if anyone else had a pen and paper, or perhaps had someone else go get you those items while you waited, or simply asked someone to wait there for you and inform the owner of the damaged vehicle you'd be right back. Unless the police know it was you who damaged the vehicle, it is not likely you will be charged with a hit and run. In the future, now you know to stay and wait for the vehicle's owner/driver if you don't have the ability to leave a note. I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe from the fires and COVID-19.
Q. I’m a victim of a hit and run. I’m 99% sure it was my neighbors friend who backed up in to it.
A: First, I am very sorry for you being a victim of a hit and run. I know the frustration. Second, being 99% sure isn't the same as 100%. I assume that you have some type of evidence that supports your theory. Third, if you have a strong belief that it could be your neighbor's friend, you should call the local police and discuss with them what happened and see if they are wiling to investigate. You could write down the license plate number when you see the car again and the police will easily be able to determine the ownership of the vehicle. It is a complicated matter because you don't want to create problems with your neighbor and if it turns out that your problem cannot be solved, you run the risk of creating more turmoil.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Royer & Associates
380 Madrona Avenue S
Salem, OR 97302
Telephone: (503) 990-7672
Fax: (503) 296-5693
111 SW 5th Avenue Suite 3150
Portland, OR 97204
Telephone: (503) 990-7672
Cell: (503) 816-9233
Fax: (503) 296-5693