Free Consultation: (630) 299-7600Tap to Call This Lawyer
Vincent Anthony Incopero

Vincent Anthony Incopero

REAL Law Group, P.C.
  • Real Estate Law, Estate Planning, Business Law...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Under Contract? Need a Lawyer? We excel in assisting clients buy and sell all types of real estate,including, but not limited to single family homes, condos, co-ops and multi family apartment buildings, in Chicago and the surrounding metro area (suburbs). We identify and quantify potential issues, evaluate risk and provide prompt guidance so that our clients can make educated and concrete decisions as they navigate the process of buying or selling real estate.

REAL Law Group, P.C. is a boutique law firm established in 2015 with the idea that effective representation requires both a professional commitment and personal approach that matches the clients passion and strategic objectives. REAL Law Group, P.C. believes that a real estate transaction, whether it is your first home or commercial property, requires a team approach that emphasizes technical legal skills and communication. REAL Law Group, P.C. has extensive experience advising home buyers and sellers, real estate developers, brokers, investors, lenders and condominium associations in all facets of their real estate and business needs. REAL Law Group, P.C. is passionate about achieving results for our clients and guiding them through the often difficult and detailed legal processes of a transaction, beginning a new business or formulating estate planning and asset protection strategies

Practice Areas
  • Real Estate Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Business Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
    Free initial consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    We represent personal injury clients on a contingent fee basis.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    For other civil and business litigation matters, we will consider a contingent fee only on select case by case basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Supreme Court of Illinois
ID Number: 6318338
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
7th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
REAL Law Group, P.C.
- Current
I am a Real Estate Attorney and I am proud to say that Real Estate is in my DNA. I have focused on Real Estate Law for 5 years and I ABSOLUTELY love what I do. I am well versed in the challenges faced by Buyers and Sellers in the competitive market today. When you retain my office you receive prompt and clear communication so that you are fully informed regarding the entirety of your transaction.
Attorney Examiner in the third largest office (by volume) in the United States
Chicago Title Insurance Company
Associate Attorney
Golderg Weisman Cairo
Associate attorney in the litigation group at the largest Plaintiff's persoanl injury law firm in Illinois
The John Marshall Law School
J.D. (2014)
As a student counselor, I represented clients from low and moderate income communities, with limited financial resources who were starting business organizations. My role as a Student Counselor afforded me clinical experience in the practice of business and transactional law.
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Student Counselor - The John Marshall Law School Business Enterprise Law Clinic
The John Marshall Law School Logo
Professional Associations
Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Illinois # 6318338
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Justinian Society of Laywers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
DuPage County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Chicago Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois State Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Ensuring client confidentiality with best practices
Illinois State Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
Organizing an Illinois Not-For-Profit Corporation, World of Miniature Horse Therapy Symposium 2016, Crystal Lake
Mane In Heaven
Presentation on how to establish a Not-For-Profit Corporation
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
38 Questions Answered

Q. What can I do if I signed a contract with a buyer for my home and now they want to terminate the contract.
A: If you are dealing with a contract that provides for an attorney review period, typically the purchaser can terminate for any reason other than the sale price alone. It is not unprecedented, especially in a Seller's market/low inventory market, for parties to pay more than the appraised value.
Q. Is it illegal for a landlord to refuse rent? My landlord gave me a 5 day notice he now refuses to take money owed.
A: Once a 5 day has been served, a landlord has no duty to accept late rent and can proceed to file a forcible (entry). In fact, many landlords are advised not to accept late rent if the Landlord wants to proceed with an eviction.
Q. I have a mortgage in my name, but the deed is in both our names. We are breaking up and he wants to stay in house
A: In short, you need to sell him your interest in the home, payoff the existing mortgage and you should retain an attorney to assist one or the both of you. To properly protect yourself, he should purchase your interest in the property and get a mortgage to buy you out (pay off the mortgage you owe to the bank). If you merely transfer your ownership interest in the home to him, you will still remain financially obligated on the mortgage, such that if he fails to pay the mortgage, the bank will institute foreclosure proceedings against you, the borrower.
Q. I have an MBA. Do I still need an attorney to help me file business formation paperwork?
A: There's more to the process than simply filing the articles,and that is the easiest part of the process. Keep in mind that there are plenty of attorney's that are not capable of property and thoroughly establishing an entity. You would be well advised to work with an attorney that has a thorough understanding of the process and has a significant amount of experience assisting others entrepreneurs in establishing a new entity. A MBA wouldn't provide you knowledge needed to properly prepare someone else's taxes... I can say with relative certainty that it hasn't qualified you to establish a new entity on behalf of yourself or your partners.
Q. condo owner occupancy question in Chicago, IL
A: You will need to read the ByLaws, and any amendments, for the HOA to see if there is such a restriction/stipulation. If this is spelled out, there is not much you can do other than attempting to negotiate the amount of the fine or paying the fine outright.
Q. Can I legally separate a parcel with a joint agreement signed and notirized. Will it hold up in court at a later date?
A: Without more information, your question cannot be answered. Specifically, is this a large, unsubdivided parcel of land, or is it adjacent lots that make up a larger parcel? If it is a large unsubdivided parcel you would need to obtain a new plat of subdivision describing the area to be severed from the parcel at large. This plat would need to be created by a licensed surveyor and then recorded with the county. If the parcels are legally described as lots in blocks, individual lots can be separated from a larger parcel as a whole. In either scenario, the transfer would have to be effected by a deed of conveyance, signed by the owner, legally describing the land to be severed from the larger parcel. Said deed would have to be notarized and recorded in the county where the property is located. The greatest issue of concern is your question regarding whether the transfer could be set aside by a court. Is there pending or anticipated litigation which could affect the property (ie. foreclosure, partition, adverse possession, probate)? If so it is likely that a court in equity, by way of a quiet title action, could set aside the conveyance in equity. BOTTOM LINE: TALK TO A LAWYER
Q. Who is responsible if you get into a fender bender in a small privately owned parking lot?
A: The at fault party is always responsible, regardless of where the accident occurs. In Illinois, drivers have an absolute duty to operate motor vehicles in a manner that does not cause harm to others, regardless of the location, conditions or circumstances.
Q. My girlfriend and her baby was hit by a car crossing a mini mall exit. She okay she gona sue. What can she sue for.
A: In Illinois you can sue for any damages resulting from the negligent conduct of the driver. This would include, but is not limited to, medical bills and lost wages. I strongly suggest that you contact a lawyer immediately so that you get the proper guidance on how to proceed with this matter. Most importantly, your girlfriend should go to all follow up appointments with her doctors and strictly follow their instructions on what to do and what not to do.
Q. what does hard and soft mean for windows in a real estate contract. I took the drapes and left the blinds. did I breach?
A: I am unaware of either of the terms you have referred to, hard and soft, appearing in either of the two most common real estate purchase contracts used in the chicago metro area. If you were to provide the specific language appearing in the contract the question may be capable of answering. Did you work with an attorney or a real estate broker in the transaction? If so, you may want to start by asking either or both of those professionals as they would be familiar with the contract and would be in the best position to answer your question.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
REAL Law Group, P.C.
381 North York Street
Suite 1
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Telephone: (630) 299-7600
Cell: (630) 381-0104
Fax: (630) 299-4579