Free Consultation: (845) 406-1386Tap to Call This Lawyer
Vince Sykes

Vince Sykes

Sykes Law Firm, P.C.
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Civil Rights ...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Civil Rights
  • Employment Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultation on any case, up to 1 hour.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 4974275
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Pace Law School
J.D. | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
State University of New York - Stony Brook
B.S. | Electrical Engineering
- present
State University of New York - Stony Brook Logo
Pepperdine University
MBA (2002) | Masters of Business Administration
Pepperdine University Logo
Professional Associations
Federal Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Westchester County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
New York Personal Injury Lawyer
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. Which visa should my husband apply for?
A: Your fact pattern is sketchy? What are you trying to achieve? If you just want to visit (any country for that matter) and you were denied a vistor's/tourist visa--then there's nothing more; other than seeing if you can re-apply in the near future with more concrete proof that you will return to the home country??
Q. How can i avoid a 3 or 10 year ban after overstaying a visitor s visa to spend time with my LPR husband?
A: Since you entered lawfully (with a visa), you can always apply for a waiver if it ever becomes necessary...Nonetheless, you should have your LPR spouse petition for you, i.e., I-130 and eventually adjust status. Since spouse is LPR, you are not in the highest preference category; which means your case (by time you are able to adjust status with approved immigrant visa) will take a bit of time. And, no work permit available (can't work on B1/2 visa) until you are able to adjust status.
Q. Hello, This question might sound really strange to you. Is it possible to block someone's I-130 petition?
A: An I-130 confers no benefit and only confirms that there is a bona-fide marriage or other direct relationship, i.e, siblings, parent-child, etc. So, what's to block? Those predicate facts are true or false... Nonetheless, petitioner does not have to sign; does not have to file I-130--but if already approved by USCIS, petitioner does not have to sign-off on AOS/I-485. or AOS/I-864. If marriage or other relationship is fraudulent, petitioner can notify USCIS via letter--assuming I-130 has already been filed.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
White Plains Office
7 Skyline Drive, Suite 350
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Toll-Free: (845) 406-1386
Telephone: (845) 406-1386
Cell: (845) 406-1386
Fax: (914) 920-3037
Rockland County Office
95 N. Main Street
Spring Valley, NY 10977
Telephone: (845) 659-7258
Cell: (845) 406-1386
Fax: (914) 920-3037