Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Criminal Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Business Law
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
Free consultations up to 20 minutes.
- Credit Cards Accepted
On certain cases, please contact for additional information.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- J.D. (2013) | Law
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
Websites & Blogs
84 Questions Answered
- Q. Hi I have an initial hearing scheduled for this wed 10/21 and have no representation for the hearing.
- A: You should consider contacting one of the lawyers on Justia to see if you can set up a brief consultation to review your matter. Having representation for a case like this can be very helpful. If you cannot find an attorney by the time of tomorrow's hearing, you can ask the court for a continuance to allow more time.
- Q. If a woman who has 50/50 custody gets put in jail, are her rights taken away
- A: Not automatically. Either the father will need to file for a modification of custody, or DCS could intervene.
- Q. Can a parent in a situation where there is no court custody take a child away from other parent without kidnapping
- A: In Indiana, where there is no formal court order in place regarding custody, the mother has sole legal custody of the child and has authority to make decisions on their behalf. In order for your boyfriend to gain parenting time or decision-making rights, he will need to file a petition for custody in Indiana and ask the court to hold a hearing.
Contact & Map